Disputing and repairing, question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disputing and repairing, question.

Was reviewing a website linked in a sticky for sample letters and clicked around to find a basic instruction set / steps to complete in order to have maximum effectiveness and have a few questions.

1. I heard you can only do 6 disputes at a time, is that true? I can't seem to find it on website I'm viewing or on this forum.

The site says the following:

"Rank questionable items according their significance using the following ordered list. back to step 6

1. Personal data (see step 2 )
    2. Bankruptcy (included or excluded items, chapter filed, filing date and so forth)
    3. Consumer credit counseling (date entered counseled, progress, etc.)
    4. Foreclosure (attempts, completed actions, dates, amounts, etc.)
    5. Consumer credit counseling loans (debt consolidation loans, amounts, dates, what other debts were included, etc.)
    6. Default (dates, amounts, etc.)
    7. Repossession, (voluntary or involuntary, amount owed, dates etc.)
    8. Court judgments (date, amount, type, reason etc.)
    9. Collections (be sure the date shows the delinquent date NOT the date of collection actions)
    10. Past due payments (number past due, amount, length of time, and if settled)
    11. Late payments (correct dates are critical here, they determine how long the info stays in your reports)
    12. Credit rejections (be sure it's you, and why)
    13. Credit inquiries (be sure these pertain to you - watch for fraud"

Item 3. is what I'm wondering about, can we have our pre and post BK counseling listed to boost our scores?

There is no limit on the number of items you can dispute at once.
    The counseling-data is not part of your credit-report, won't be reported and - logically - has no effect on your score.
    Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
    FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
    FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X