top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So why *do* credit card companies send so many offers to people who have BKed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So why *do* credit card companies send so many offers to people who have BKed?

I'm getting more offers now, post-341 but not yet discharged, than I ever got when I had an 800+ credit score.
    3/7/11 -

Because they KNOW that you cannot file for another BK for a long while - so they've got you. Don't get sucked in unless you have a financial plan and are ready to take on debt again. eww - gives me the shivers just thinking about it.

Comment

Originally posted by df04527 View Post
      Don't get sucked in unless you have a financial plan and are ready to take on debt again. eww - gives me the shivers just thinking about it.
      I have no plans to get one right now, I'm just throwing them out. The auto lenders are, if anything, even more aggressive. They have great names like "Office of 341 Approvals".
      3/7/11 -

Comment

yes.....you don't have the 'silver bullet' for another 8 years..........

Comment

Originally posted by randian View Post
          I have no plans to get one right now, I'm just throwing them out. The auto lenders are, if anything, even more aggressive. They have great names like "Office of 341 Approvals".
          Gotta love their creativity.....

Comment

because they are evil.
            Jen
            "...and how is it that bankruptcy is considered an "easy" way out by some???"

Comment

Because they are scum-sucking motherless rat bastards with no morals or compassion for humanity and are only out to feed their greed by taking the chance that those of us who have just filed bankruptcy will be stupid and desperate enough to join them in the sand box again.

That's my technical description. LOL
              Filed Ch. 7 11/8/10: Survived 341 Meeting 12/13/10 Report of No Distribution!! 12/14/10Received UST Presumption of Abuse!! 12/15/10 UST states Dismissal is Inappropriate! DISHARGED!! 2/22/11

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandmom View Post
                Because they are scum-sucking motherless rat bastards with no morals or compassion for humanity and are only out to feed their greed by taking the chance that those of us who have just filed bankruptcy will be stupid and desperate enough to join them in the sand box again.

Yes, I would say you have a strong opinion on this! Tell us how you really feel! (lol)
                Filed BK Chapter 7 - 11/12/10 341 Meeting - 01/07/11
                Notice of no distribution - 01/12/11
                DISCHARGED - 03/09/2011

Comment

Love it ClevelandMom!
                  A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandmom View Post

Do you think that Cleveland has the inside scoop on the C C companies??? LOL
                    filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                    "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

They also do it because they can charge you exorbitant fees and get away with it. Application fees, membership fees, application fees, monthly fees, annual fees, and ~30% interest are not uncommon, and people fall for it because they think they have to do it to rebuild their credit.
                      DH laid off 3/08 | Last mortgage payment 12/09 | Filed Ch13 5/10 | Converted to Ch7 7/10 | 341 held 8/10 | AP filed by secured creditor 10/10 | Ch7 discharged & closed 11/10 | Foreclosure 10/2011

Comment

Originally posted by researchnerd View Post
                        They also do it because they can charge you exorbitant fees and get away with it. Application fees, membership fees, application fees, monthly fees, annual fees, and ~30% interest are not uncommon, and people fall for it because they think they have to do it to rebuild their credit.
                        What about the ones that send you a 12 month no interest no annual fee offer?

Comment

I haven't filed bk, and I've got 40k of cc debt that I haven't paid in 2 years. Both my husband and I are getting cc offers. No annual fee and 12 months no interest. I was blown away. Into the trash they went! CC's are evil!

Comment

Originally posted by PHXDWTN View Post
                            What about the ones that send you a 12 month no interest no annual fee offer?
                            I haven't received any of those yet. All of them wanted substantial annual fees, even the Capital One cards that other posters have said offered them a no-fee card. Still, I'm not ready for a CC yet so it doesn't bother me much.
                            3/7/11 -

Comment

we got our first offer for a cc from chase i think a few days after filing ch7, and we getting offers to refinance the cars etc from one of our existing lenders too, how funny is that? the cc offers will go by way of the garbage can. only going to get 1 secured card afterwards, no temptations or anything. only for travel. these scumbag banks are something else...
                              Filed Ch 7. Jan 14th 2011. 341 Feb. 24th 2011. DISCHARGED April 26th 2011. Closed May 10th, 2011. Huge weight off our shoulders! Scores as of 5/14/11 : TU-639, EQ-642, EXP-602

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X