Theres a hope..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Theres a hope..

It may not seem like much, but I'm happy.

I was discharged the 17th of feb. I was going to try for a car loan but at the last minute found a decent deal on a nissan pathfinder. Bought the car yesterday. I didn't really want a payment, as payments suck, but credit is necessary. So, I'm glad I found a car.

So coming out of chapter 7 I have student loan payment$75 a month and a first premier card that I kept through my bk with only a $300 limit. They are something to help rebuild, but not a lot.

I want to rebuild fast as possible with as little debt as possible. I figured screw it, I'll try for a capital one card. I filled out the app online and sat there for about 15 minutes with my mouse on the submit button. Not really sure if It is wise and I really don't want another denial. Finally I hit submit and it came back approved. I was pretty surprised. I got approved for a card unsecured with a $500 limit. The apr sucks and is about as high as I think they can go, but who am I to complain. My history is less than stellar. Plus the low limit wont let me give in to temptation to run it to high

I'm less than two weeks out of bk and already have gotten approved for a credit card. It isn't much, but it is a start. After not being able to get any credit for years, it feels good.

congrats to you nosaint.
    good luck to you in your Fresh Start.
    filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
    "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X