Cabela's Club Visa Card BK Friendly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cabela's Club Visa Card BK Friendly?

DH was promoted during our CH 7 BK. His new position requires travel and other expenses to be paid first by him, and reimbursed monthly. We were discharged at the end of Dec '10 and he already has a Cap One card.

We are just curious if this card is bk friendly? The rewards would really add up, and he is quite the outdoors man!

Any one have experience with them?
    Filed Ch 7 Sept '10, 341 Meeting Oct '10, Discharged Dec '10, Case Closed Jan '11

EQ 2/8/11 - 584, 6/2/11 - 677

I checked the credit pull database on another forum for that creditor... it appears they pull Equifax and most of the approvals people have gotten are with scores in the upper 600's to 700's. I do see people getting approved with bankruptcies but they are 3+ years since discharge.

When were you discharged and what are your scores? And how many positive trade lines do you have?
    BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
    Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Amy.

We were discharged Dec '10 - and our scores are currently low to mid 600's - we are working on cleaning up our reports.

As far as trade lines, we each have been approved for a Cap One card - hubby's limit is $1000, mine is $750. No other lines.

So, it looks like we will wait to apply until - at least until our scores are up.

PS - Thanks to your NFCU posts, I am trying to figure out how to get in there!
      Filed Ch 7 Sept '10, 341 Meeting Oct '10, Discharged Dec '10, Case Closed Jan '11

EQ 2/8/11 - 584, 6/2/11 - 677

Comment

Yea that might be best idea. You can also look at Hooters as well if you want to try for another line. And you're very welcome... NFCU is great for people like us.
        BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
        Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X