Question about what is reported on my cc post-bk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about what is reported on my cc post-bk

I just got a copy of my credit report ... we included our mortgage and were discharged July 1st 2010. We filed ch. 7 non-consumer in October 2009 ... Foreclosure proceedings were started AFTER we filed bk and after the mortgage co. had the stay lifted. Anyhow, on my credit report through Experian, under the Creditor's Statement section for Suntrust Mortgage, it says foreclosure proceedings started. This didn't start until after we filed bk -- is this a violation of the FCRA? Do I request to have that removed or are they allowed to list it since the automatic stay was lifted so they could proceed with foreclosure?

Also, shouldn't the "Balance History" information for any of the creditors stop as of the date of filing? Under the balance history for our HELOC that was also discharged and another credit card company, there are reportings on the balance after the date of filing. For example, in the HELOC loan, it has a balance listed monthly before and after the filing, which includes the full amount of the loan that was discharged. Furthermore, the HELOC bought our house from Suntrust (primary mortgage) and then listed the "balance" when they bought the house as the original amount of the HELOC PLUS the amount they paid for the house from Suntrust!

I'm obviously just starting the credit clean-up process now, even though we were discharged in July 2010.

Thanks for any and all info you can provide.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X