BECU Credit Union BK Friendly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BECU Credit Union BK Friendly?

I am going to need to find a new checking account when I get to Washington and it looks like BECU (boeing credit union available for all washington residents) is good, but does anyone know if they are BK friendly or not, and if they pull credit reports? Thanks
    Hired Attorney 8/28/10 Filed Chapter 7 11/08/10 341 12/14/2010 Report of NO DISTRIBUTION 12/15/2010 Waiting for February 14 2011, date objections due.
    DISCHARGED and CLOSED 2/15/2011

We opened a BECU checking and savings account 3-4 months after discharge. I did it online not knowing if they would approve and not wanting the embarassment of being turned down in person!. Accounts were opened with no problem. Then a couple of months later, requested a credit card (again online) and was turned down, but called and was approved for a secured cc. The customer service person I spoke with said to give it a year after discharge and then request an unsecured CC and it "might" get approved. So far they have been really easy to work with and really friendly. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks so much, I am not worried about the credit cards, I have managed to get two started for that, but I really wanted to get into the credit union for the direct deposits that I would like to manage locally once we are there.

This makes me feel much better and more at ease knowing that this was pretty simple to do. We will be about three months from BK when we get moved, we already have an apartment that we got set up last week for when we arrive in May, which was much easier than I thought also.

Thanks so much for the help, it really is appreciated.
      Hired Attorney 8/28/10 Filed Chapter 7 11/08/10 341 12/14/2010 Report of NO DISTRIBUTION 12/15/2010 Waiting for February 14 2011, date objections due.

Comment

As far as I know, from friends and relatives BECU is not BK friendly. I had them before as well, they we're great when they were exclusive to employees only. When they went public, it operated like a commercial bank which kinda made them shy away from the CU friendliness and getting a loan became harder. Although, I have to say that their rates for all loans are very competitive and one of the lowest in WA state.
        Filed Chapter 7 - 12/16/2009
        341 Meeting - 1/26/2010 - done!
        Last day for objections - 2/25/2010
        Discharged 3/31/2010

Comment

I really am just looking for some place safe for the direct deposits to go into that we have from our retirement. Unfortunately we ended up having to close our credit union accounts that we had for the last twenty some years, due to the fact we had all of our credit card and mortgage payments automatically withdrawn on this account. We ended up opening up an account at a local bank that we hate, and I want to get back to a credit union once again. I could probably go back to the credit union we had, but would prefer to be with something local once we get to Washington and BECU is one of the higher rated credit unions according to bankrate.com. My sister is with them as well, and she has not had any problems with them, but I did not want to ask her about the BK friendly part, as we are trying to just move on from here and not tell anyone in our family what has happened to us. If it ends up coming up that is fine, but I am not announcing it to them or anyone else in our family.

Thanks for the extra information, at least I will be aware of what might happen with these guys.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X