sick of credit offers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sick of credit offers

I'm a month after discharge and I'm already sick of getting credit offers. I've been getting 2-4 a week since I discharged. My discharge paperwork came with a credit card and cell phone offer. Same day.

I got a capitol one credit card a week after discharge. They are still sending me an offer a week for more cards. I got another offer today. Don't they know who already has their cards?

Phone offers, car loan offers, business cards from local car dealers, visa, mastercard all kinds of them. I haven't had offers like this in years.

With a system like this no wonder so many fail. They are like parasites.

Anyway, I'm just venting. Probably the wrong place for this.

Car loan

Originally posted by nosaint View Post
    I'm a month after discharge and I'm already sick of getting credit offers.
    In that case, this might help:

https://www.optoutprescreen.com/?rf=t
    Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
    FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
    FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

You're getting the offers, b/c they're trying to put you back where you came from...without the ability to file BK. Heck, my wife and I have gotten 2 or 3 offers while we are still in our ch 7....so go figure. All one can do is opt out like IBroke mentioned above.
      Filed Ch 7. Jan 14th 2011. 341 Feb. 24th 2011. DISCHARGED April 26th 2011. Closed May 10th, 2011. Huge weight off our shoulders! Scores as of 5/14/11 : TU-639, EQ-642, EXP-602

Comment

It is annoying. Kind of angers me too. You would think the banks would have learned and that we would be the last ones to receive these offers. Good thing we have learned from our own mistakes and can say no to credit and yes to cash!
        A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

Comment

I am in a 13 (not confirmed yet) and I usually get at least one credit card offer per week. I can't believe it! Don't they know that anything in a 13 (well over $600 at least) I'd have to run by my lawyer and the trustee?

Then most of those offers look pretty bad anyway. I just received one that implies that most people will get a $300 limit, but with an annual fee of $150!

Comment

Originally posted by lillymarlene View Post
            I just received one that implies that most people will get a $300 limit, but with an annual fee of $150!
            Hmm, sounds like First Premier to me. I received a similar offer right after discharge - with an interest rate well above 30%!! Such a rate should be considered illegal...
            Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
            FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
            FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

I got a personal loan offer for $2,500 with an interest rate of 97% HAHA they are so kind.

Comment

i agree, opt out! credit offers came because of bankruptcy court record. i opted out and all of that stopped. phone calls, credit cards, car loans. no more junk mail, yayyy!

Comment

Ditto... Actually opted out before filing and have been discharged over a month now and we haven't received the first one......scumbags.... Beat them at their own game!

Comment

Originally posted by IBroke View Post
                    In that case, this might help:

https://www.optoutprescreen.com/?rf=t
                    Opt out is always a great way to do it.

What I always do is to send them their stuff back in the prepaid envelope. I get my black sharpie marker and write "no thanks" on the paperwork, and send it all back, along with whatever trash I can stuff in the envelope.

If that doesn't work, tape their prepaid return envelope to a brick and send it back to them.........
                    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I was always afraid that if I opted out I wouldn't know if I qualified for anything. A ton of junk mail later and I'm over that fear!
                      A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X