Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Myfico

How accurate is the score from myfico?

My score just hit 609 and rising. It hasn't been that high in years to be honest. I was at 530ish when I had my discharge feb16th.

Originally posted by nosaint View Post
    How accurate is the score from myfico?

My score just hit 609 and rising. It hasn't been that high in years to be honest. I was at 530ish when I had my discharge feb16th.
    Myfico is the most accurate score you can get.

My score is also higher after BK than it was pre-filing.
    Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
    FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
    FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Yep, I love MyFico... I need to buy my score soon now that I think of it...
      Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
      Discharged: August 2010
      A life lesson well learned.

Comment

Originally posted by iswmle View Post
        Yep, I love MyFico... I need to buy my score soon now that I think of it...
        I set my myfico to give me alert when it goes over 600. Alerted at 609 yesterday. I changed the alert again to 625. I think i will just keep doing that rather than paying for the actual score for awhile.

I tell you, it feels good to have a crappy credit score of 609. Not sure how much or how fast It will keep rising, but so far I'm a happy dude. I almost feel like I could go buy a boat tomorrow if I wanted

Comment

I set my myfico to give me alert when it goes over 600. Alerted at 609 yesterday. I changed the alert again to 625. I think i will just keep doing that rather than paying for the actual score for awhile.

I tell you, it feels good to have a crappy credit score of 609. Not sure how much or how fast It will keep rising, but so far I'm a happy dude. I almost feel like I could go buy a boat tomorrow if I wanted
          Let's be happy, but control yourself. LOL What got you to bk, remember? (Boat-a hole in water where you throw money). 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Actually, I always set my alert as "close" as possible to get more updates. If your score is 609 now, set the alert to 610. That increases your chances on getting an update. Also, set the CC-alert to an increase of $1 etc....
            Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.

Comment

Originally posted by IBroke View Post
              Actually, I always set my alert as "close" as possible to get more updates. If your score is 609 now, set the alert to 610. That increases your chances on getting an update. Also, set the CC-alert to an increase of $1 etc....
              That's not a bad idea

Comment

Yea it is nice to see the bumps! My next "alert" is at 700 which is a big goal for me because my scores were actually not this high before I filed for BK either. I had a great report but my scores were always in the low to mid 600's... I never really paid much attention to my credit before I filed... now I make sure that I'm doing all the right things and managing my trade lines well. I'm up to 695 with one bureau, so I'm hoping the 700 will come in maybe 6 months after my accounts age a bit more.
                BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Which myfico package are you all using? I see they offer about 5 different packages.....just curious

Comment

Originally posted by garyp15 View Post
                    Which myfico package are you all using? I see they offer about 5 different packages.....just curious
                    I'm using ScoreWatch to monitor Equifax and FICO Quarterly Monitoring for TransUnion.

ScoreWatch is $10.36/month and FICO Quarterly Monitoring is $3.96/month with discount-codes applied.

Comment

I bought my scores last night... my transunion is 543 and my equifax is 646. My BK was discharged August of last year. What is up with that difference?!? I have trouble reading and understanding credit reports so have been putting off repairing mine. I wouldn't even know where to start. D:

Comment

Ouch well I would definately start cleaning up your reports if you want to rebuild. There can be a lot of reasons for the difference in your scores there....best thing to do is order hard copy reports from all three bureaus and then start disputing and getting things in order. There is a lot of good information on the forums here that tell you what you need to look for and how things should be reporting. Good luck.
                        BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                        Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Tonight I ordered my reports for the big 3, will get them in a couple of weeks... I am dreading looking at the transunion report...

Comment

Originally posted by iswmle View Post
                            Tonight I ordered my reports for the big 3, will get them in a couple of weeks... I am dreading looking at the transunion report...
                            Just to make sure: You do know that you can already see what's on your Equifax- and TransUnion-Reports once you purchased the score on myfico? I know that's something obvious but I just wanted to make sure you knew...

Comment

Yes, and I have looked through the Transunion on myfico, but am having trouble understanding it all... I need to look more into it, but I honestly don't know what my reports should look like post discharge.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X