HAVEN'T been offered any credit cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HAVEN'T been offered any credit cards

I think this is kinda weird....we filed in early March, had our 341 this week, but have been told my numerous sources that we'd be getting CC offers right away.

We obviously don't need them, I just find it interesting. Maybe more will come once we are discharged.
    Filed Ch. 7 on 3/9/11
    341 scheduled 4/18/11
    DISCHARGED 6/20/11

We didn't start getting offers until our discharge was recorded.
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

And just for posterity sake, most of them you will only get them if you're opt'd in. There are some low brow credit cards offers you might get for ones that look through public records.
      BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
      Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

i have not received any credit card offers either and i filed in January with 341 on March 1. and i do not want them at all. ever again. i did however begin receiving car loan offers immediately after my filing with notes that they knew about my filing and had great deals. ha ha.

Comment

I'm 3.5 years out of bk and only ever received 2 credit card offers. Multiple mailings but frm the same 2. One was Juniper and the other was Capital One rewards card. I was approved by both.

Comment

I stopped paying on six credit cards over a year ago, Mangaged to settle with only one, was sued by two others and had judgements aworaded but none collected on them yet. I final hired an attorney in Dec.2010 and she filed Ch.7 on March 30,2011 and the 341 will be May 09. In this whole time I have gotten offers from Cap. One at least once a month and just started getting offers from Orchard Bank both saying that they know that I'm tring to get back on track.The gready banks just don't care, They can all take there credit cards and stick them where the sun will never shine.

Comment

I wasn't getting alot either, but when I pulled a credit report recently, I remembered that I had opted out a long time ago from receiving offers. I went back and opted back in, so we'll see what starts showing up. I'm opening a savings account at a credit union next week and will most likely try to talk to them about a credit card. Not in a huge hurry though. It's been over a year since I've used in, and I've enjoyed not having to worry about the monthly bill.
              04/01/10 - Hit rock bottom and knew we were going to have to file for bankruptcy and surrender our home. 12/14/10 - Filed Chapter 7, 02/09/11 - 341 Hearing, 04/14/11 -

Comment

Since my filing I haven't received one credit card offer.... and I'm not complaining.
                Chapter 7 filed December 11, 2009, 341 Meeting held on January 7, 2010
                Deadline to File a Complaint: March 8, 2010

Discharged and Closed March 11, 2010

Comment

Originally posted by freddysmith View Post
                  In this whole time I have gotten offers from Cap. One at least once a month and just started getting offers from Orchard Bank both saying that they know that I'm tring to get back on track.The gready banks just don't care, They can all take there credit cards and stick them where the sun will never shine.
                  Very similar to my situation except without the BK...those are the 2 card issuers I get mail from regularly, CAP ONE and Orchard.

Comment

Originally posted by Logan View Post
                    I'm 3.5 years out of bk and only ever received 2 credit card offers. Multiple mailings but frm the same 2. One was Juniper and the other was Capital One rewards card. I was approved by both.
                    I filed a 13 in 2005, discharged in 2008. To date, I have received NO CC offers.

Comment

Originally posted by Lesa13 View Post
                      I filed a 13 in 2005, discharged in 2008. To date, I have received NO CC offers.
                      People on this board always say you'll get a ton of them but obviously that's not true.

Comment

When I first filed for bankruptcy we received a lot of high fee credit card offers. I just ignored them as I had swore off using credit cards all together. Now here I am 3 years later, I have 2 credit cards and I wish I would have tried to get them a little sooner. Why???? Well credit cards help your Fico scores, just make sure you pay them in full each month to avoid interest. If you don't get any new credit, you won't build your credit. Cash is king, but sometimes it's hard to have enough on hand for large purchases (car, house, ect.) Just remember how you got in the mess you are/ were in, and don't make the same mistakes. I wouldn't swear off credit completely, but you should start rebuilding as quickly as you can (Don't fall for the high fee cards, maybe look at a secured card, or an unsecured with a lower annual fee until your numbers improve)

Comment

Originally posted by daxtell View Post
                          i have not received any credit card offers either and i filed in January with 341 on March 1. and i do not want them at all. ever again. i did however begin receiving car loan offers immediately after my filing with notes that they knew about my filing and had great deals. ha ha.
                          Yeah, great deals with the high interest rate for the financing in very small print lol

Comment

I began receiving credit card offers I think immediately after my discharge. I get at least one every other day. I really need to opt out.

Other than that I get letters two or three times a month about rebuilding credit. Those are annoying as well.

Comment

I got the offer letter from Cap 1, and since my Cap 1 was the only regular banking account I had that was not affiliated with a default CC account, it was my lifeline account. I took it simply to start building up that all-important credit score, and to have the ability to have true consumer protection (that is not available for a debit card.) I use it anytime I can (paying it off at the end of every month of course!), but as I am abroad and am in a more or less cash situation, I can't use it. And it's available limit ($500) is so low, I can't even by my airline tickets to go home with it. I even paid the $39/yr fee that I am NOT happy about. If I ever were to get a free CC account, I'll take it and then see if Cap 1 wants to renegotiate my fee.

I got the loan shark offer from First Premier and quickly circular filed it. I had an opportunity from a new bank I had opened up (after BK filing) but was rejected there. I also got the stupid offers for new car financing (with I'm sure those great rates of 2.99% ... per month) that I also circular filed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X