KEEP an watchful eye on your CREDIT REPORT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KEEP an watchful eye on your CREDIT REPORT

Just chiming in here to let people know . . once you are out of BK . . don't sleep on your credit report watching . .. .

A few months ago, I cleaned up my report. That included disputing Verizon Wireless, because they showed a past due amount of $375. They were included in my BK which means they can not show a past due amount. It must show $0, as they are paid via the BK Trustee payment plan.

When I disputed it, I won and it was changed. Thus, increasing my credit score. Today I got a notice from Score Watch, that a negative item was posted on my account.

I was shocked (but not surprised) to see that Verizon Wireless had COME BACK and re-reported a balance of $375. This should be against the law, as it seems they are just purposely trying to slam your credit . . especially when I filed a dispute earlier and won. It tanked one of my Experian score by 75 points !! This is not fair.

Now, I have heard that VW is relentless and will continue to do this over and over . .as well as several other Creditors.

Just a reminder - it may be worth it to shell out the $10 - $15 monthly and monitor your credit . . . My other two Fico scores are still 660 and 701. . thanks to me keeping abreast of every move on my credit reports.

I got Scorewatch for this reason. I plan to keep it for a year to keep an eye on things and make sure things stay accurate.
    A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

Comment

This is against the law, just the system is twisted so they don't fear the consequences. Credit reporting is collection activity and what they did violates the permanent stay of the bankruptcy law. I would file complaints with the FTC, your state Attorney General and the FCC.
      Chapter 7 Filed 8/11/2009, Discharged 11/23/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X