Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disputes

I just pulled my free credit reports. Two major issues:

1. On my Equifax and TransUnion reports, my 2 Chase accounts, BOA and HSBC (Orchard) accounts are reporting as Charged Off and not listed as IIB. On my Experian report everything is reporting accurately.

Should I bother disputing them? One of them is listed as probably dropping off my report in less than 2 years. I'm afraid that if I dispute them it might "re-age" them!

2. Also, my Equifax report is listed AFNI (Anderson Financial) as a negative but discharged in bankruptcy. I never included them -- as a matter of fact, I don't even know who they are! It is listed as "utilities". I didn't owe any money to any utilities but my MOTHER owed Verizon $200 on our phone bills. We have very similar names. Could it be that? It is listed under "negative" reports but also as IIB. I'm afraid of rocking the boat if I dispute it. My mother has Alzheimer's, by the way. Am I reponsible for bills under her name. I was living with her at the time. Since it is listed as IIB I don't think it is worth worrying about it. My credit is bad enough anyway that it won't make a difference. It is not listed on my Experian or TU reports.

Opinions?
    Filed BK 7 Pro Se: August 2010 341 Meeting: September 2010
    November 2010
    Closed: January 2011!!!

EWE! On #1 you can dispute it, if they reage it then that is cause to dispute that as well. I have disputed many of my IIB accounts and have never had them reaged.

For #2... these guys are nasty! There is another credit forum that I frequent and people post lots of bad stuff about dealing with AFNI. Its a collection agency from what I know and they are very ruthless. If its marked as IIB and zero balance, I personally, would probably not mess with it. You are not responsible for her bills (as long as you didn't cosign or anything on them).

You could dispute this but I'm not sure how fun it would be to work with AFNI. If you want me to send you the info to the other forum where I see all the stuff about them let me know.
    BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
    Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

I also noticed that my Experian report will show the original creditor (usually as my status as unknown -- or as transferred to another agency) and also the collection agency for the same credit card (as IIB). If the CC issuer changed it to the CA should it also say under the CC issuer's name IIB. Under balance it is blank.
      Filed BK 7 Pro Se: August 2010 341 Meeting: September 2010
      November 2010
      Closed: January 2011!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X