FICO higher than FAKOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FICO higher than FAKOS

Has anyone else had this happen? My EQ FICO is higher than all of my CRA scores. I got my actual FICO from the myfico website, and I have credit watch through EQ. Is that normal? And which score carries the most weight?
    A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

I have never checked my Fakos, and my Fico usually makes me cry. I am going to wait a few more months when my cards have aged a bit to check again. What exactly is the difference between Fako and Fico?
    Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
    Discharged: August 2010
    A life lesson well learned.

Comment

Each of the CRA's use their own formula to give you a credit score. The FICO is the actual true FICO score. On myfico.com you can get a FICO based on EQ or TU. I only bought one based on EQ. They all seem to use different formulas.

And don't worry... right after filing my FICO score was 592. Now 2 months after discharge it's 672 and all I did was clean up the reports and get one 500 CL card to rebuild. Time really is your best friend once everything is accurate.
      A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

Comment

Originally posted by discombob1 View Post
        Has anyone else had this happen? My EQ FICO is higher than all of my CRA scores. I got my actual FICO from the myfico website, and I have credit watch through EQ. Is that normal? And which score carries the most weight?
        Yes, that can happen. Before I paid off my CCs, my FICO was higher - now the Fako went up more than my Fico so that shifted now...
        Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
        FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
        FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Yes, my FICOS are higher than my FAKOs... but it depends on where I pull them from. From USAA and American Express's credit secure, the FAKOs are higher than my scores... It really doesn't matter in the long run as the only score that matters is the FICO but even then some lenders are using their own scoring models.
          BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
          Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X