top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Judgements, how should they be reporting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Judgements, how should they be reporting?

I have a couple judgements on my credit report that show the same balance owed with nothing remarking about IIB. Can I dispute these to a zero balance and IIB?
    Filed 2/28/11 341 3/24/11 Discharge and Closed 5/24/11

Originally posted by kayba View Post
    I have a couple judgements on my credit report that show the same balance owed with nothing remarking about IIB. Can I dispute these to a zero balance and IIB?
    They are a pain in the a** to deal with. I disputed my judment on file after discharge with all 3 bureaus.

Experian removed it completely within 48 hours, Equifax updated it as "satisfied - $0 Balance" and TransUnion reports it as "Judgment in Bankruptcy" and the $XXX-amount it originally had. It is questionable that the TransUnion way of reporting is even lawful. They do report the full balance but indicate as a general "headline" over the public record section that an amount shown on a judgment is only the original amount and doesn't necessarily mean that the amount is still owed.

Problem is, however, that this significant information is NOT transmitted to lenders or third parties in general because they only get the information about the invidual personal records - but not this exclusive "headline".
    Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
    FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
    FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Did you dispute online or do the certified mail route? I have a couple of items beyond that need to be at least updated to IIB.
      Filed 2/28/11 341 3/24/11 Discharge and Closed 5/24/11

Comment

Originally posted by kayba View Post
        Did you dispute online or do the certified mail route? I have a couple of items beyond that need to be at least updated to IIB.
        I went the easier online-route. It simply depends what you want to accomplish. If you want to have the IIB-accounts fixed ASAP, I'd say this is the easiest and fastest way. If you want to build a potential legal case against them in case they don't obey the rules, you dispute with the bureaus in writing via certified mail return receipt requested. This, however, is obviously the more time consuming effort.
        Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
        FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
        FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X