Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSBC Discover Card

interesting occurrence

2 years prior to my BK closing, I obtained an Orchard Bank CC with $300 limit (yes, with Trustee's approval . . could take on CC's to help rebuild credit with condition that I not charge $500 combined on all CC's).

6 months later I applied for Discover Card. Was denied, but they countered with a secondary offer: Approved for an HSBC Discover card . . . strange, but Ok. I took it and now I had two CC's, both with $300 limits.

Later found another HSBC card that offered lower rate, and applied. Was denied because I had already reached the max HSBC cards (2) allowed. Ok.

Now, 2 years later . . Discharged. Call Orchard Bank and ask to be considered for increase. . they congratulate me with a $100 increase. Oh Joy. Fine. It still looks good on my CReport to see lines increase.

I call my HSBC Discover card and request the same. They deny saying that they do not do manual increases, but review accounts periodically. Ok, fine. I will cancel them next year (Just paid the $59 yearly fee . so will stick it out for 10 more months then cancel just before new fee).

Yesterday, I decided to test my luck with an Official Discover Card, as myFico scores are all above 700 now.

Denied . . but approved for a secondary offer: HSBC Discover Card. Do you accept this offer? I click yes. It then says, my card is on the way.

HSBC sets a limit of two cards. I have 3 now . . and two are the exact same.

Not sure of what just happened, I call HSBC Discover to inquire, explaining my situation. The agent tells me my card IS on the way. Was approved for $1,000 with interest rate of 16.9% (which is not bad at all, after a bk).

Don't know how it happened . . but really GLAD that it did.

Can now cancel that crappy other dupe card.

Anyway, thought I would share this . . for those of you who are not aware - If you apply for a Basic Discover card but do not meet their standards, and you DO meet their sub prime standards . . . they may counter offer an HSBC Discover.

Beware, a $300 limit is good for getting you off the ground, but it also hurts you later on as your credit gets stronger. 6 in one, half a dozen in another.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X