Approved for CC online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Approved for CC online?

I am almost 2 years post discharge. I have had little opportunity to do much to improve my situation credit wise because of the economy. I am self employed as a flooring installer. Flooring is an option during tough times for people.

That said I have lived. It has not been easy but I have done it. I am behind on house payments but I am buying on contract and the older couple we are working with have been great. As long as they get something every month they say they are fine. I have less than 10k that I owe on the house, probably more like 6 to 8 thousand. I hope to have this paid off in the next year to year and a half now. Maybe sooner with any luck.

So that all said I have had no credit cards or nothing. I have been using my bank debit card when I have needed to pay something online and things. Well last week my bank account got drained by someone and I was advised to never pay online using a bank debit card.

I live out in the sticks and for me shopping online is cheaper than paying the fuel to drive where I have to for things I need sometimes. So I have been getting CC offers since before discharge. All I want is something, even 150.00 credit line so I can shop on line safer and then pay it off when it comes. I just did a Cap One online and they said I was approved. Did I really just get approved or will something come in the mail and tell me it was a mistake? I really need this now and so I hope it was right. It had no annual fees and the interest was high but I intend to pay off each time I would use it. Is this for real?
    Filed 5/11/09 Chapter 7
    341 Meeting 6/5/09
    Discharged 8/5/09
    Case Closed 8/6/09

You should be approved. Many of us - including me - got a Cap One CC post discharge.

BTW, what about going to Wal-Mart and getting a debit-card for your online-purchases? If you have to buy something online, you simply deposit the amount you need for it and spend it. There are several ways to reload the card - like going to the store and loading it either with cash or with your debit-card from the bank or you use a combination of both (there is a $3 fee) or if you know what you have to spend in a few days, you can also transfer funds electronically from your checking to the Wal-Mart card which is free.
    Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
    FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
    FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

If I had not been approved for this that might have been an option but I am 20 miles or so from a Walmart. I wanted to avoid fees and such and if I got approved for this I will pay it off each time I use it. I really don't care if I do anything other than bill pay from my checking account. I have to ask at the bank when I open a new account, I had to close the old one, if it is safe when I swipe my debit card. I have been advised to never give my bank debit card to anything online.
      Filed 5/11/09 Chapter 7
      341 Meeting 6/5/09
      Discharged 8/5/09
      Case Closed 8/6/09

Comment

Originally posted by jb300 View Post
        If I had not been approved for this that might have been an option but I am 20 miles or so from a Walmart.
        Yeah, that might have been a hassle...
        Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
        FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
        FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Capital One and Household Bank are both low limit credit cards you can get post bankruptcy.

Comment

Low limit is all I want or need. This will be great. I don't even care if it is $100.00. I am glad that I have waited and learned what it really feels like to have to do without. I mean it has been so bad I have had to find change around the house to have fuel to get to a job. It is time to have a little bit of backup on hand but not to be over used.
            Filed 5/11/09 Chapter 7
            341 Meeting 6/5/09
            Discharged 8/5/09
            Case Closed 8/6/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X