Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Report Correction Advice

Hi Everyone,

I need some quick advice. I was discharged Chapter 7 back in Oct. Finally pulled all my credit reports this past May and discovered one of my credit cards on Experian does not reflect that is was discharged through Ch 7. Anyways, requested an investigation, they updated the status. I just looked at the updated status, it says discharged through Ch 7 on May 27, 2010. May 27 was when I requested the investigation to update. Now, should I request them to change the date to Oct 2010? Does it matter? My concern is that it might look like I have 2 bks if anyone pulls my credit report with experian, one in Oct and one in May. But it's reported corrected with the other 2 credit bureaus.

Thanks!

-- Lilacs

I would certainly contact them again and have them fix the error, it's free and they are obligated to fix it, so it's no skin off your back. It's tough to start fresh and rebuild if there are still errors on your report.
    Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

Originally posted by disconapper View Post
      I would certainly contact them again and have them fix the error, it's free and they are obligated to fix it, so it's no skin off your back. It's tough to start fresh and rebuild if there are still errors on your report.
      Thanks for your reply! I'll get on it asap.

Comment

Here's another thing I noticed, I noticed that they still listed my last employer that I was with. I have not been with them for nearly 4 years. I'm now a housewife. Should I leave it on there or have them remove it?

Comment

I don't think you can get it removed from you credit since at one time it was accurate, but you can certainly update the employment information with homemaker...
          Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X