One of the worst credit offers ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the worst credit offers ever

So today I received my discharge, and in the mail I also receved a credit card offer that was so awful I had to share it here.

The card was offering a $700 credit line. That $700 was made up of $150 First year Annual Fee and $550 credit line. (I guess the $150 portion is secured, and $550 is unsecured).
    36% interest
    $25.00 Setup Fee
    $49.00 Annual fee for each year after year 1.
    $14.50 Monthly ($174.00 yearly) Service fee.
    $3.95 fee if you want to access your account online.
    The interest accrues even on new purchases, so there's no option to pay off the credit card in full each month with no interest.

I had to laugh when I read the offer. I can't believe it would be legal to charge that much for a credit card!

You need to go ahead and get 2 or 3 of these while the deal is so good......
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
      LOL...I love frogger's posts, they always make me laugh.

considering7....I've gotten some nasty one's as well....my shredder is being well fed...and unlike you, I'm not even discharged yet...
      Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

First Premier is known for offers like that. Stay away from them. If it was not First Premier then there are a couple of other bottom feeders like that too that prey on those rebuilding their credit. You should be able to get much better offers than that even right after discharge.
        You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Originally posted by backtoschool View Post
          First Premier is known for offers like that. Stay away from them. If it was not First Premier then there are a couple of other bottom feeders like that too that prey on those rebuilding their credit. You should be able to get much better offers than that even right after discharge.
          Yup...my first credit card offer...in probably years arrived this week and it was First Premier...I read it and laughed
          Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

Mannnnn...i gotta get me one of these....ROFL
            filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
            "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

yeah, we got the same offer, however redonklous, in premiers defense, it does actually state there is a 27 day grace period, no interest on purchases if paid off in full...obviously no grace period for cash adv's....but still, we mailed them back their offer with their original envelope, their discolsures minus any of our info, hey, post office could use the 50 cents...haha
              Filed Ch 7. Jan 14th 2011. 341 Feb. 24th 2011. DISCHARGED April 26th 2011. Closed May 10th, 2011. Huge weight off our shoulders! Scores as of 5/14/11 : TU-639, EQ-642, EXP-602

Comment

I got the same First Premier sucker mailing last week. I had a few chuckles, then threw it away. I'm not even discharged yet and the vultures are already out.

Comment

Originally posted by considering7 View Post
                  $49.00 Annual fee for each year after year 1.
                  $14.50 Monthly ($174.00 yearly) Service fee.
                  What about the weekly, daily and hourly fee?
                  Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
                  FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
                  FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
                    lol

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X