Costco Amex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costco Amex

We do sooo much shopping at Costco, I would love one of these for the rewards.

I have ready many things about Amex blacklisting, not being bk friendly, etc.

We did not include any Amex in our CH7, in fact, we have never had an Amex. Our discharge is nearly 6 mos old and my most recent EQ fico is 677. So here is the question - does Amex ever approve anyone with a bk? If so, how long after and what does your score need to be? Or do I really need to wait 10 years until the bk falls off?

Not in a rush for tons of credit, but the rewards this card offers would be great for us since we do nearly all of our shopping at Costco.
    Filed Ch 7 Sept '10, 341 Meeting Oct '10, Discharged Dec '10, Case Closed Jan '11

EQ 2/8/11 - 584, 6/2/11 - 677

Originally posted by onthefence View Post
    We do sooo much shopping at Costco, I would love one of these for the rewards.

I have ready many things about Amex blacklisting, not being bk friendly, etc.

We did not include any Amex in our CH7, in fact, we have never had an Amex. Our discharge is nearly 6 mos old and my most recent EQ fico is 677. So here is the question - does Amex ever approve anyone with a bk? If so, how long after and what does your score need to be? Or do I really need to wait 10 years until the bk falls off?

Not in a rush for tons of credit, but the rewards this card offers would be great for us since we do nearly all of our shopping at Costco.
    don't even bother applying
    Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
    Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
    Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

I'd love to hear if anyone is actually approved, but I've heard the same thing. I wouldn't bother applying for 10 years...AmEx is brutal. I didn't BK them and I have a savings account with them...and I still won't bother to apply. And I love Costco!

ETA: I sure hope someone proves that wrong though!
      A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X