Was approved for Rooms to Go card.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was approved for Rooms to Go card.

I decided to get my son some new bedroom furniture so I took a chance to see if I could get approved by Rooms To Go. I had an account with them before, paid off the account and never made a late payment but I was afraid they wouldn't approve me this time. The account was closed due to the BK but they approved me again with a higher credit limit than the first time. My first account had a cl of $2000 and now I'm approved for $3500.

Congratulations!
    Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
    Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Willswife View Post
      I decided to get my son some new bedroom furniture so I took a chance to see if I could get approved by Rooms To Go. I had an account with them before, paid off the account and never made a late payment but I was afraid they wouldn't approve me this time. The account was closed due to the BK but they approved me again with a higher credit limit than the first time. My first account had a cl of $2000 and now I'm approved for $3500.
      Well......congratulations, kinda. That is a high card and the furniture is over priced. It is our choice never to have a credit card again. Kinda like this is our last chance at a new start and by god we are going to make it work. It is tough as we were used being able to throw money around. That has changed radically. For the better though. We learned.

Please keep it in control. We don't want to see you back here with a new filling date. LOL. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

if u can't afford to pay cash for the furniture don't buy it
        i learned a lesson
        i guess the banks didn't
        and people blame the banks for their financial problems . duh
        Last edited by scorpion35; 07-04-2011, 10:36 AM.
        Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
        Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
        Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

Well, thanks I think. I guess I will keep my thoughts to myself next time.

Comment

Willswife

Well I think it's awesome, and congrats. Everyone is in a different place in their personal BK, and you are in rebuilding phase and this will help. You were a good customer to this creditor and they understood that and they what to continue that relationship. Hope you enjoy the bedroom set for many years.

Happy 4th
            Filed Pro Se: 11.12.2010 ~ 341: 1.12.2011 ~ Discharged: 3.9.2011 ~ Officially an Asset Case: 3.30.2011 ~ Last Day to File Asset Claim: 6.28.2011 ~ Trustee Final Report: 8.1.2011 ~ Asset Distribution: 8.31.2011 ~ Case Close: 11.15.2011

Comment

Willswife,

I'm in agreement with DesdemonaB as far as everyone here is in a different place in their personal BK. Anyway, I've had a RTG account and used it to the best advantage with their no interest deals. Also you can haggle with furniture... all furniture stores have a tremendous markup in prices as do shoe stores as well as others. You can use your RTG card at their outlets, I've gotten fantastic deals there. They want good repeat customers especially in todays economic climate.

Keep posting your thoughts. Your success is an inspiration to me at least. Happy 4th.

Comment

Thanks for your support. Yes I am in the rebuilding stage and have been very successfull so far. I didn't finance the whole purchase ( I only purchased a dresser and chest) only an amount that I knew I could pay off within 3 months and only did so to help improve my credit even more. I was very excited about getting him the furniture since he really needs it and didn't appreciate someone telling me how the furniture was overpriced and how I never planned on getting another credit card again. I don't remember every stating that. The first time that I ever in my life paid a bill late was when my lawyer told me to stop paying on them since I was going to file. I never blamed the banks for my finicial decisions and never plan to either.

Thanks again DesdemonaB and mijd for your support.

Comment

Originally posted by Willswife View Post
                  Well, thanks I think. I guess I will keep my thoughts to myself next time.
                  No, take the advice for what it is worth in your situation. Everyone gives advice based upon their personal opinions and situations, and not all of the posters will feel as you do.

Nothing wrong with getting your credit reestablished, but as 'Hub stated, keep it in check in order that you don't ever have a new filing date again.

Good luck!
                  All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                  Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Trust me that will never happen again because I learned from the first time. I've never paid any bills late( and still don't) but I was one of those people that had the large revolving circle of debt because I was paying on all my accounts but had nothing left over so I had to continue using my cards for survival. I will never live that way again. I could have easily purchased more when I made the furniture purchase but I only wanted to finance it for 3 months which can be very tempting to NOT do since they are offering interest free until 1/2013. I learned one of my hardest life's lessons when I had to file and I even make sure my son fully knows what I means to have to pay bills and live within your means.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X