Charge off on my credit report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charge off on my credit report

Just found out there is a charge off on my acct from my ex defaulting on his boat loan, but it was included in my BK. Gosh, so upset. Also, do my student loans affect my ability to get a cc or loc?
    Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
    Discharged: August 2010
    A life lesson well learned.

just double checked my credit reports and my discharge papers. That damn bank was the first creditor listed as being included in the BK. But as it is Transunion is the only one correctly showing that it was included. Experian and Equifax are not showing. Equifax is closed, but Experian took my dispute. The rep said for something like this it should take 24-48 hrs for the investigation to complete. Shouldn't they have to remove the charge off as well as list the bank as being included in the bk? The charge off was this month. Is this a common problem where banks do not update their crap as they should? I really feel like kicking myself for not going through my credit reports with a fine tooth comb.
    Last edited by iswmle; 07-12-2011, 05:00 PM.
    Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
    Discharged: August 2010
    A life lesson well learned.

Comment

Good luck with that...what were the results? I have a charge off on my credit report for an account that was "IIB" but from my understanding they are reporting correctly because the charge off occured prior to my bk filing date, plus that account was sold to a junk debt buyer and on my credit report with this collector its reporting correctly...IIB and with a $0 balance.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X