Capital one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad334 View Post
    Hmmm I was discharged 7/28/2011 and have been approved for capital one, and Credit one.
    COngrats!!! But BE CAREFUL with Credit One...and their monthly fees...

Comment

Thanks, yeah I read about that after I accepted, I only plan on using for small purchases. I have gotten use to living off of cash only so I want to continue doing so, but rebuild my credit.

Comment

Give it time. I tried once 6 months after discharge, no luck. 15 months after discharge I applied again expecting to get denied, but both hubby and I were approved at 0 percent.

Comment

I'm 15 days post discharge and was approved for a Capital One card....I KNOW CREDIT CARDS ARE BAD...but I need to rebuild my credit with solid payment history so I will only use it for insignifant charges each month...like my cell bill and pay it off each month....funny thing is....I am not used to having a credit card, I havent used one in YEARS...only carried balances on the cards but they were not maxed out....it's nice to know I can rent a car if need be (I travel a lot for work)....
          Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

What Cap One card did you apply for?

Comment

I was approved for the Mastercard...I dont know exactly which one it is though...I know there is no annual fee and the rate is decent...I'll be able to tell more once I get the paperwork in the mail...
              Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

The cap one with no fee is around 22% with an introductory 0% APR. That is the one I was approved for. They started me out at 1,500 and my line has increased over 6 months to 2500.00. Just the line increase alone has bumped my "credit score". I just applied for their "blank Check" and was approved up to 40 thousand (no I am not buying a 40 thousand dollar car). If I get a 2011 or 2012, my term (my choice) of 72 months, will be at 7.56 interest rate. If the vehicle is a 2010 or older, it is 8.39. You can change your term to less years and get a better rate, but I prefer to have a lower payment and pay extra.... this way if anything ever happened, I have a cushion. For me, this is the safe route.
                Bankruptcy has definitely made me have a reality check and to be honest, I don't know if I am going to go ahead and buy any car. I have a jeep grand that is 1999 and my husband is a mechanic. It is starting to rust, the air is broke and the speakers have a short.... but it is paid for. It is nice not having that extra payment and I am not sure I want to have one. I am thinking about just putting money aside each month so I can purchase with cash.... having a husband that is a mechanic kind of is a blessing in this sense.... unless of course something real major happens where the part costs more than the worth of the car. Like a transmission or engine.
                My kids better not put my FICO score on my headstone~ (quote by dspii)

Comment

Originally posted by dneil View Post
                  They started me out at 1,500 and my line has increased over 6 months to 2500.00. Just the line increase alone has bumped my "credit score". I just applied for their "blank Check" and was approved up to 40 thousand (no I am not buying a 40 thousand dollar car).
                  Interesting. Do you mind disclosing about how much you reported to make to CapOne? These days, it seems with the changes in credit standards, I was not able to put "household" income. I just put my own down (excluding my spouse's). However, I still had to put how much my mortgage payment was.

I may be going the CapOne route for an auto loan since most are reporting good news about it. I'm just wondering how much you make to get an approval from CapOne for a max auto loan of $40k. Are you making 6 figures or something?
                  Retained Lawyer: 04/2009 Filed: 09/2009 341 Meeting: 10/2009 Discharged: 12/2009 Asset: 05/2010 made asset Closed: 07/2013 after 47 long months

Comment

Originally posted by CCsAreEvil View Post
                    Interesting. Do you mind disclosing about how much you reported to make to CapOne? These days, it seems with the changes in credit standards, I was not able to put "household" income. I just put my own down (excluding my spouse's). However, I still had to put how much my mortgage payment was.

I may be going the CapOne route for an auto loan since most are reporting good news about it. I'm just wondering how much you make to get an approval from CapOne for a max auto loan of $40k. Are you making 6 figures or something?
                    No, definitely not six figures... lol we are between 4 and 5 grand a month... give and take how many hours my husband chooses to put in extra. I also had selected 'new' car at 72 months. I wanted the lowest payment option because I an always pay more (which I have been doing on our 2nd mortgage... and we did not re-affirm but are paying on time and always have).... After filling out the application online, I was contacted the following day stating that if I could verify our income, and my husbands residence with me, that we had the loan of up to 40 thousand. We don't have to spend that much and there is no obligation to. In fact, if we don't find something we like in 45 days, or if we decide to not buy a car, we just dispose of the "blank" check. The interest rate isn't that bad considering we just discharged on Jan 4, 2011. Also, the dealership I have been talking to are already saying they can 'beat' that interest rate. The blank check is an excellent bargaining tool.

Comment

Oh... and they did not ask about my mortgage payment. Also, I did a joint application so that I could include my husband's income. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't get approved for a scooter, let alone a car. LOL So, if you want to include all income (spouse, or other verifyable income) then do a joint application. It will help your credit score but make your hubby just as responsible for the debt. In my situation... that is best. Why? Because I am the only note holder on this house and I plan to re-finance it in another year or year and a half. Cap one is a great company so far. I am very happy with them!

Comment

What is the interest on the car note?
                        Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
                        Discharged: August 2010
                        A life lesson well learned.

Comment

I just closed my co. Had a 6.8 rate and they raised it to 16. They also never EVER gave me a cl increase, even though the card was paid off several times. After 3 years, I said bye!!
                          Filed Chapter 7: 3-22-08
                          341 Meeting: 5-15-08 It went great!!!
                          Last day for objections: 7-14-08
                          Discharged and Closed: 7-21-08

Comment

I got an e-mail from Cap One yesterday, notifying me that they increased my CL from $300 to $400. Not much but it's a start. BTW, I opted for the (partially) secured CC. As of today, my deposit with Cap One is $150.
                            Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
                            FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
                            FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

I applied for a the basic Cap One Platinum no fee. It is unsecured and only has a $500. Currently, I am employed, but that status will change soon.
                              (My discharge was 5/26/2011. It took a while to close and then I have been busy job hunting). The sole purpose of the card is to raise my FICO score.
                              There is something that puzzles me though. They ranked my card as one for people with "average" credit. Their definition includes those who filed the Big B once. Gee... My FICO is a whopping 587. Technically, I should have had a secured card. Of course, there were other factors:I didn't have a negative history with them and they are holding my security deposit. The credit card will come in handy if I need to travel while searching for work.

Comment

CapOne is known for giving out these $500 cards for people coming out of BK. I guess I would have received it as well but I applied for the secured card right away.
                                Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
                                FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
                                FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X