How do rebuild if you didnt reaffirm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do rebuild if you didnt reaffirm?

Everyone tells you not to reaffirm. Thats great you can walk any time. But that does nothing for your credit. We are 2 years post bk discharge and have been making payments on both mortgages. We have a balloon payment due and want to refinance into one. But seeing we have no payments reported for the past 2 years. Our score is pretty low.
    So how do you deal with that? We could walk but then cant get into anything else because we cant qualify. Cant refinance. We might be able to get some credit cards. But how fast and how much will they help your score?
    FILED CH7: 03/20/09
    341: May 11th, 2009
    DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Congrats on being 2 years post bk. Reaffirminging doesn't necessarily means the creditor is obligated to continue reporting. You should have started rebuilding the day after you got discharged. I gave up everything and managed to get a car loan one month post bk. Yes, the interest rate is like 22%, but they are reporting and it IS helping my score to climb. I'm now 8 months post bk and just got a secured credit card with my own money ($200). I wish I had gotten it 8 months ago. Everything depends on time.
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
      Congrats on being 2 years post bk. Reaffirminging doesn't necessarily means the creditor is obligated to continue reporting. You should have started rebuilding the day after you got discharged. I gave up everything and managed to get a car loan one month post bk. Yes, the interest rate is like 22%, but they are reporting and it IS helping my score to climb. I'm now 8 months post bk and just got a secured credit card with my own money ($200). I wish I had gotten it 8 months ago. Everything depends on time.
      Dont want to sound rude. But you can keep your 22% interest. I will keep my crappy credit score. If thats what it takes. I will not spend more then needed to get a higher credit score. Getting a credit card and paying it off monthly for purchases I would usually pay cash for is one thing. Not to mention getting into to debt with a car payment. I am happy to say we have not charge cards or car payments. All we have is the mortgages. We have just run into a snag because of the poor economy. Not enough work/hours.
      FILED CH7: 03/20/09
      341: May 11th, 2009
      DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X