top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discharged HELOC sent letter stating it has reported late payment to credit bureau!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged HELOC sent letter stating it has reported late payment to credit bureau!

We filed Ch 7 in Nov. 2009 and were discharged in Oct. 2010. We were paying our HELOC with US Bank until I lost my job. We made a partial payment in June and didn't pay July. Today we received a letter stating they were reporting our late payment to the credit bureau (they did not indicate which one(s).

What are my next steps? Contact the bank? They have been very difficult in the past-it is almost impossible to get the customer service reps to transfer you to the correct person to handle your problem. Or do we need to write to the credit bureaus directly?

We have also received a couple of calls but those seemed to have stopped once my husband reminded them that the debt was discharged.

Thanks for any help!

Ride-throughs are double-edged swords. They're good in helping your credit score if the creditor keeps reporting your payments, but as soon as you miss that payment, your credit scored drops drastically. I'm afraid you made that choice to ride through and this is, unfortunately, the end result for you. You did keep the account alive, even though the debt was discharged. It's best to dispute with the credit bureaus.
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Thanks for your help. I was under the impression that once the debt was discharged that the creditor could no longer report to credit bureaus and the debt would be listed as IIb.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X