Transfer to another cc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transfer to another cc

So I have a first premier credit card (i know the WORST cc company out there) but am in the rebuilding stage of credit post bk (almost 1 yr out) I wanted to know if I transfered my balance from first premier to another credit card (for lower fees) would it be looked at as closing the first premier account? I just may tough it out with first premier because I dont want to restart the cycle of my credit history??? Any input??? Thanks in advance ;-)

You won't like this response, but too bad. You should just cut up all of your credit cards now, and throw the bits away. You are out of bankruptcy, and now is the time to learn to live within your means. That means, if you can't afford it, you don't buy it, until you have saved the money up.

Remember why you declared BK in the first place. Start saving your money now, and stockpiling storeable food and other commodities for the bad times that are coming.

Sorry
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

To answer your question no, it would not be looked at as closing your First Premier account. But if you are in the rebuilding stages it probably is best that you don't carry a balance. Pay it off asap.
      Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
      Discharged: August 2010
      A life lesson well learned.

Comment

It sounds to me like you already have more than one card after filing BK. Please make sure you are not falling back into the old trap as in ....here ya go, a nice balance tranfer offer. Now you still have an annual fee on Premier....a new balance and guess what.....before you know it, that low interest rate goes right back up to a high rate because of the BK.

Please be careful. We would hate to see you back here in another BK.
        Filed CH 7 4/15/11
        341 5/23/11
        DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

I know a girl who file for bk maybe 2 years ago. She even bought a condo last year. Everything seemed good. She's the one who inspired me to file. Now she's crying that she's broke and she may be in trouble again. Oy! We all know we need credit to get credit. Realistically, most Americans cannot save to buy a house and that is what most of us want in life. A car - hmmm maybe, but a house - haiiiiilllllll no.
          Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

@angelinacat...I have this cc to rebuild my credit...I pay it off in full every month...I do know why I declared bk in the first place...am not reckless with my money I have learned alot...but if I were to listen to your advice I would never rebuild credit

Comment

@iswmle thanks for answering my question...do you know how my first premier account with report on my credit report after I transfer the balance to a new cc? I don't plan on doing this for another 4 months...or until I receive another better cc offer in the mail

Comment

@sunshinepa actually I only have ONE credit card post bk

Comment

@drowning123 it sounds to me like that girl hasnt learned anything from filing bk...everyone have their own individual reason or reasons for filing...everyone shouldnt be so judgemental...smh I dont regret filing at all it actually change my situation 360..am acutally saving my money to purchase a house...surprise!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X