repo after chap 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

repo after chap 7

Included in the discharge was a 2003 camping trailer, purchased new. Since Jan we have been making the monthly payments, and in fact have never missed one over the course of the loan. We now find ourselves re-evaluating the need for the trailer, and the payment. It is worth aprox 6000 in excellent condition, however ours had a run in with a tree and has about 4000 in damage. We still owe about 9000 on it. If we walk away from it, do you feel the bank will repo it, and if they do, can that be reported as such? Not sure if the discharge eliminates the repo from being filed on credit report also

With a vehicle my understanding is there is no seperate credit report entry. IF IF IF you didnt reaffirm the loan. If you did reaffirm, then not only will there be a seperate entry, but you ll be liable for the defiency.

Comment

My trailer was repo'd after my discharge. It was underwater by about 8-9K. No repo record on my credit, but the account does show IIB. I'd call the lender and tell them the situation and let them decided what to do. If they don't pick it up just keep using it. You won't be able to sell it unless they release the title but should have no issue keeping it registered. My guess is that they will pick it up, but you never know.
      Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

We had an suv repoed even signed reaffirmation papers. Sold for $12k owed $14k plus. They report on one credit bureau(experian) as being late, not repoed.
        Filed Chapter 7: 3-22-08
        341 Meeting: 5-15-08 It went great!!!
        Last day for objections: 7-14-08
        Discharged and Closed: 7-21-08

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X