top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Convince me that I actually need credit ever again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the sub 4% is only for people that have 20% or more eqity in the home, and a 750 credit score, unless you are VA if that was the case you should have allready done so, if no real equity and i suspect since you did not get a few cards just to build you may get 5-5.5.. Ironically that may cost you a saving of a few hundred dollars per month in lost savings that is where rebuilding credit comes in, if a person has no self control to just make a small gas purchase every month and pay in full that is a different story, if you respect the credit it will not get you in a mess. PS Credit card debit DID NOT cause our BK. just my 2 cents LSU to each there own, No worries. good luck with your re-FI
    Filled 5-2010
    7-2010 341 Meeting (Chapter 7 No Asset)
    8-2010 Discharged/Case closed!

Comment

I'll need credit because I will need to get a car loan sooner or later.
      Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

If you don't have a good credit score - forget about opening a bank account or getting into an apartment - I always had excellent credit - now I can't even open a bank account!

Comment

Originally posted by PANSYFACE View Post
          If you don't have a good credit score - forget about opening a bank account or getting into an apartment - I always had excellent credit - now I can't even open a bank account!
          Try Etrade bank....maybe they're a bit different...

Comment

Originally posted by pathfinders View Post
            the sub 4% is only for people that have 20% or more eqity in the home, and a 750 credit score, unless you are VA if that was the case you should have allready done so, if no real equity and i suspect since you did not get a few cards just to build you may get 5-5.5.. Ironically that may cost you a saving of a few hundred dollars per month in lost savings that is where rebuilding credit comes in, if a person has no self control to just make a small gas purchase every month and pay in full that is a different story, if you respect the credit it will not get you in a mess. PS Credit card debit DID NOT cause our BK. just my 2 cents LSU to each there own, No worries. good luck with your re-FI
            FYI, I'm in the process of buying a house and we're going to get sub 4 with 3.5% down and a credit score of 709.

Logan

Comment

I'm not sure if I won't ever need credit again but it doesn't hurt if you just live within your means and start rebuilding credit to have a good one later down the road. No one knows what happens in the future. I'd rather have good credit and not have to need it than having to need it and not have it. The important thing is to learn from your mistake and to correct and control it.
              Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X