top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indication of Disability ON my credit report-Legal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indication of Disability ON my credit report-Legal?

Okay, so I finally ordered my credit report from myfico.com. It states that I am "not working" on my Transunion credit report and it states I am on SSI (which is not correct) I am actually On SSDI, but how is this anyone's business? To have it on my Credit Report that I get money under disability seems so wrong. Is this legal?

This is what it says:
    Employers [?]

Not Employed
    Reported on Aug 17, 2011

Ssi
    Reported on Jan 17, 2006

I am not happy to see this on my credit report. In fact, I am humiliated...... now what? And a bunch of my accounts say charged off....

Isn't this like a Hippa Violation or something??? What can/should I do???
    My kids better not put my FICO score on my headstone~ (quote by dspii)

I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find out if this is legal. Anyone have any thoughts?

Comment

Somewhere, somehow someone got their wires crossed is my suspicion. There is no employer called SSI that you ever worked for -- dispute it as inaccurate. They will delete it. As far as a bunch of accounts saying charged off - not enough info to evaluate - could be right, could also be wrong.

Comment

You must have told someone, but they put the wrong kind of disability. If they could put where you work so creditors know where your money comes from, whats the difference?

Comment

My guess would be that back in 2006 you put SSI down on some sort of credit application and that is how it it was reported. Why would you be humiliated about receiving SSDI? Actually having that on your report is not that bad--it tells creditors that suing you would be a waste of time since your income is exempt.

Comment

Well... they sued me anyways because it was reported in January of 2006. This is also the month prior to me having our daughter. I didn't take out any loans during that time.....

Comment

Got it removed....... it wasn't even anything difficult to do. A bunch of my accounts say "charged off" "bad debt" and unrated. Is this Normal? Isn't it supposed to say, "included in bankruptcy?"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X