Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overstock MC First Bankcard

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone tried applying or have applied for the O Mastercard with Overstock? They are by First Bankcard a division of First Bank of Omaha. I couldn't find any info on if they are tough with people who have bk. Have been discharged since Oct 2010 and the hubby has not applied for a single credit card since discharged. This will be his first. I have been sent offers and approved by Cap One, only because I think I never has any previous history with them. My hubby has bk-ed on them so afraid to apply with them and get denied. Don't want his credit pulled if he'll get denied with Cap One. Neither of us have any history with First Bankcard or First Bank of Omaha.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

They are difficult from what I heard. They also back the World of Warcraft credit card and from what I read even people with excellent credit have problems getting approved with them. And from my understanding they are NOT bk friendly.
    Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
    Discharged: August 2010
    A life lesson well learned.

Comment

Originally posted by lilacs80 View Post
      Hi Everyone,

Has anyone tried applying or have applied for the O Mastercard with Overstock? They are by First Bankcard a division of First Bank of Omaha. I couldn't find any info on if they are tough with people who have bk. Have been discharged since Oct 2010 and the hubby has not applied for a single credit card since discharged. This will be his first. I have been sent offers and approved by Cap One, only because I think I never has any previous history with them. My hubby has bk-ed on them so afraid to apply with them and get denied. Don't want his credit pulled if he'll get denied with Cap One. Neither of us have any history with First Bankcard or First Bank of Omaha.

Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!
      Why ruin a perfectly good record? When you use credit, you sell a bit of your soul to another controlling entity. We have not used credit since our discharge and the feeling of owing no person a part of your life is worth cash only or go without. It is a feeling that credit cannot buy. Only my opinion. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Thanks for the replies!

Well, he needs to start to rebuild his credit. We both do. We're using the card for small purchases that will be paid in full each month. We want to buy a home in the next couple of years and was to advised to use this time to reestablish our credit. We were also advised not to buy right now since we've only been discharged for a year. We need to be discharged at least 2 years before we can qualify for anything. It's an automatic denial for anyone who bk in the last 2 years.

So that's our plan. But need to get started with the baby credit steps first!

Comment

Any suggestions on bk friendly cards?

Comment

cap 1

Comment

HSBC, Apple's barclay financing card, Cap1, and maybe a credit union or two.
              Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
              Discharged: August 2010
              A life lesson well learned.

Comment

Originally posted by lilacs80 View Post
                Thanks for the replies!

Well, he needs to start to rebuild his credit. We both do. We're using the card for small purchases that will be paid in full each month. We want to buy a home in the next couple of years and was to advised to use this time to reestablish our credit. We were also advised not to buy right now since we've only been discharged for a year. We need to be discharged at least 2 years before we can qualify for anything. It's an automatic denial for anyone who bk in the last 2 years.

So that's our plan. But need to get started with the baby credit steps first!
                There is a glut of empties out there. Shop now for 'Contract for Deed'. 'Tis like "rent to own". I've done this and was pleased. You can "walk away" if needs be, without problems. When the contract is fulfilled, a Deed is issued. 'Hub
                If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X