top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We are 2 years post discharge and things are good:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are 2 years post discharge and things are good:)

We have a Capital One card- $500 limit, we use it monthly and pay it in full. We also have a CareCredit card that we use every once in a while at the doctor's office and then pay it in full. The limit on it is $12500.

A few months after discharge we got me a used minivan at 12% through Chase then about 6 months later our credit union refinanced it at 8%. My van will be paid off in January and my dh was needing a new truck. Things are so good for us now that we were able to get the truck approved through our Credit Union at 6.75% and we did all OVER THE PHONE! I called and told the loan officer what we wanted. He called me back 10 minutes later and told me to go ahead with it

Just thought I'd post an update.

My loan officer told us to apply for the Carecredit. We don't need it because we have an FSA account that covers ALL our medical expenses, plus they charge 25% interest if not paid in full at the end of the month but they are easy to get approved with and it raises your available credit limits and raises your credit score in turn.
    4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
    5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
    7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
    7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Glad you guys are doing well. Isn't the best part paying everything in full? My goal one day is to pay cash for everything (no car loan, no student loan). It will take time but one day I will get there. Congrats to you guys!
    A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

Comment

Originally posted by aces67 View Post
      Just thought I'd post an update.
      Nice to hear from someone that BTDT....congrats on rebuilding.
      NOTE: I am not a lawyer...any advice I give is for entertainment purposes only. Legal questions should be directed to competent counsel. I am just a troll. Or a Toad.

Comment

very good to hear, congrats
        Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
        The rebuilding begins

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X