top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best secured credit card to apply for that will transfer to unsecured?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the best secured credit card to apply for that will transfer to unsecured?

I filed in March 2011 and I was discharged in July and like all of us would like to start rebuilding ASAP. I understand getting a secured credit card that transfers to an unsecured credit card after (x) amount of months is a great way to start. And I'll need to find one that reports to all three CRA's. What Any other quick hints to get going? What are the best BK friendly cards around?

Or is going after a BK friendly secured card a good way to start. I have two secured dept store cards that are in good standing and my FICO is in the 620's. Also, FWIW, I have only been on my new job (making 20K more annually) for three months. Would my lack of time on the new job be looke down upon?
    BK7 - Discharged May 2011

I am pretty sure Capital One does this.

You can pre-qualify on their website without a ding to your credit score - you may not even need a secured card first.

~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X