Employment reporting and your credit report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Employment reporting and your credit report

I pulled all three of my credit reports before I filed. I find it interesting that they have all my previous addresses but the only employment that they have is a small chiropractors clinic where I worked 20 years ago. No other employement is on any of the reports.

How does employment get reported and is that good or bad? Should my credit report list all my employers? Would that affect my credit score?

There has never been any questions when doing a background check about confirming my employment so they must get the information from calling them or some other place. I owned a deli that closed for about three years that is on my resume. I wonder how they confirm that?
    Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Credit reports are nothing more than avenues for lenders to take a look at your past financial history. With that information coupled with probability statistics - lenders rate you as to your potential to default ---- out pops a score. That score is then used by the lender to determine if you are a good risk or a bad risk if they were to lend to you.

ANY other information beyond that is NOT necessary as that is personal information period. Where you worked, where you lived, how long you worked, how long you lived somewhere is NOONE's business when it comes to determining your risk level for a financial loan. Having that information there is NEVER good. I don't care what they think they know about where i worked, how long I worked there, and where I lived - that has nothing to do with my risk level.

Can you tell how strongly I feel about this? I tell clients all the time - do not correct/add/edit any information like that - and in fact - try to get it deleted.

HTH

Comment

The employers end up on the credit report as a result of filing out a comprehensive credit app (usually a mortgage app) that request employment history. However, I agree, employers should not be listed.

Addresses are a different story, that info is used to help avoid fraud and ID theft.

Comment

Thanks guys. Good to know!
        Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X