top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some BK Friendly unsecured credit cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are some BK Friendly unsecured credit cards?

I'm coming up on being six months off my discharge date and would like to start rebuilding my credit. What are some BK friendly unsecured cards? Or am I better waiting for more time to lapse? My FAKO scores are in the low 600's. I have also been at a new better higher paying job for six months now. Would this matter?

Or am I better trying the secured route first? If so, which ones?

I do have one unsecured department store card with a $3k limit that survived, I have been using it for little things and paying it off every month.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Epic; 11-27-2011, 09:48 AM.
    BK7 - Discharged May 2011

I received an offer for one year no interest with Capitol One around the 5 month mark after the BK discharge. I have used it very little each month and have paid the balance in full each month that I have had it since June. Just this month they increased my credit limit to $2,500 from $1,500.

I need to build my credit up so that in 4 years when I need a new vehicle my credit score will hopefully be better and I can get a good rate.

Originally posted by Epic View Post
    I'm coming up on being six months off my discharge date and would like to start rebuilding my credit. What are some BK friendly unsecured cards? Or am I better waiting for more time to lapse? My FAKO scores are in the low 600's. I have also been at a new better higher paying job for six months now. Would this matter?

Or am I better trying the secured route first? If so, which ones?

I do have one unsecured department store card with a $3k limit that survived, I have been using it for little things and paying it off every month.

Thanks!
    Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

That's great, Fallonedward! What is the name of the Capital One card you were offered? They have so many offers on their site
      BK7 - Discharged May 2011

Comment

The card did not have a special name attached to it, just Capitol One.

Comment

I wanted to add that I dug for the original paperwork and it stated that I have a Platinum MasterCard, not sure if that helps or not

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X