Credit Karma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Karma

I signed up with Credit Karma just prior to filing Chapter 13. My score was 585. Two days after I filed my score went up to 592. One week later my score went down to 562 and that is where it is today.

A couple of things...

I have a chapter 7 that I filed 7 years ago. When will this come off of my credit score and how much do you think it will affect my score given I have just filed Chapter 13 or will it even matter when it comes off?

Someone mentioned in another post that your credit score starts increasing when you file Chapter 13 not when it is discharged.

Given my score now and that I am in a Chapter 13 for 3 years what could I expect my score be once I am discharged?
    Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

The Chapter 7 should come off in the month it was filed (usually end of that month) however, most bureaus will delete them even before that. Yes it will increase your score once it's deleted. Maybe not as sizeable an increase as you would have seen if the Chapter 13 wasn't there but an increase nonetheless.

Comment

Is that 10 years after the Chapter 7 was filed?
      Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Frankly, I wouldn't worry too much about my credit score 2 weeks after filing.
        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
          Frankly, I wouldn't worry too much about my credit score 2 weeks after filing.
          Well frankly, that's you and not me I'm not worried about it. I am curious as to what it might be. The more information you can learn the better IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by mountanddo View Post
            Well frankly, that's you and not me I'm not worried about it. I am curious as to what it might be. The more information you can learn the better IMO.
            Alright then, I'll give it my best shot. 656. :-)
            Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Yes - Chapter 7 is 10 years - sorry I should have added that.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                Alright then, I'll give it my best shot. 656. :-)
                LOL, really I do see your point. Just thought maybe someone might have an idea what it would be.

Comment

LOL, really I do see your point. Just thought maybe someone might have an idea what it would be.
                  I think a sense of humor is required to get through this process.

Comment

There's really no way to take a guess - there are so many variables in play it is impossible to guess. Depends on exactly where you are and your financial state when you are ready to pursue new credit but do remember that time is your best friend when it comes to credit reporting. Lay low, get back on track and your head above water and then carefully consider if your ready for new credit. hth

Comment

Credit Karma is 50 points too high (vs. Equifax) for me!

Comment

A Ch 7 comes off your credit report 10 years from the date of filing, and a Ch 13 is 7 years from the date of filing.
                        Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
                        Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

I've been in Ch. 13 for over a year and a half, and according to Credit Karma my score hasn't moved a pinch.

We'll see what the discharge brings...if I make it to one...

Good luck to us all.

No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by shark66 View Post
                            I've been in Ch. 13 for over a year and a half, and according to Credit Karma my score hasn't moved a pinch.

We'll see what the discharge brings...if I make it to one...

Good luck to us all.

Well that shoots down the theory that your credit score improves in a Chapter 13 at filing.

Comment

Well that shoots down the theory that your credit score improves in a Chapter 13 at filing.

It did improve a bit with filing, by like 40 points...but has been the same ever since.

One thing to bear in mind is that my debt-to-income ratio is very high. Once the second mortgage falls off after the completion of Ch. 13 (God willing) that should change the situation quite a bit.

Do I really care? Heck, no.

Just want the whole Ch. 13 purgatory to be over so I can move on.

Good luck to us all.
                              No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X