top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What sites are the best to monitor our credit report?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What sites are the best to monitor our credit report?

I know I'm probably jumping the gun a bit, but I know we need to make sure our credit report is accurate after our Ch 7 is discharged before we should apply for a credit card. Does anyone have a favorite site they use to check thier report frequently, and possibly also to monitor our credit score as well? Preferably not too expensive
    Chapter 7 Filed 12/7/11
    341 Hearing 1/12/12
    Discharged 3/23/12!

Well... I am pretty good and getting the free trial from various sites and then cancelling within the trial time period. Haven't had to pay for a report yet and I pull often

Plus there are some places that are free - quizzle.com gets you a free experian report every 6 months. Creditsesame.com, credit.net and creditkarma.com are also free services but they don't all give you reports. But if you are planning to monitor your score as well, myfico.com is the only place you can get your TRUE FICO score

I frequent another forum often since my bk was discharged that really focuses on building credit and talks alot about the monitoring services, don't know if I am allowed to post the link here?? PM me if you want it
    Jessica
    Filed Chapter 7 (Minnesota): 5/23/11
    Discharged 8/30/11, Not yet closed...

Comment

Usaa offers one which you can get alerts and pull daily. The scores are FAKO not FICO but you can see your reports everyday. The price is 12.24 monthly but I heard you can call a few months later and get it for 6.12 a month. Also, you don't have to be in the military to join (you will be considered a limited customer).

Comment

Introducing FREE Daily Credit Monitoring! Got this from Credit Karma

Comment

Originally posted by Logan View Post
          Introducing FREE Daily Credit Monitoring! Got this from Credit Karma

Credit Karma and you can update everyday but you can't actually see a full report.

Comment

I'm using the service offered by USAA. I think it's about $12.25/month and I can get daily reports from all 3 bureaus.
            Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
            FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
            FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

Anyone ever used Credit Keeper? You can get all 3 reports and scores anytime for $10/month. I'm planning on using this, unless anyone has a reason not to?
              Filed: 12/29/11
              341 Meeting: 1/23/12

Comment

Are you sure you can update the reports & scores daily with credit Keeper? It says you can access them any time, not that you can update them anytime...
                Jessica
                Filed Chapter 7 (Minnesota): 5/23/11
                Discharged 8/30/11, Not yet closed...

Comment

I use the credit monitoring from Equifax directly, my privacy matters is also a good one and you can get on a spouse plan to be able to pull 2 reports off the same monthly fee, USAA which was already mentioned, and Credit Secure from American Express. I have also used Smart Credit Premium as well.

And before anyone says anything about having so many and paying for it... I have my reasons. I do something called bumpage... I don't like inquries on my credit.
                  BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                  Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
                    I use the credit monitoring from Equifax directly, my privacy matters is also a good one and you can get on a spouse plan to be able to pull 2 reports off the same monthly fee, USAA which was already mentioned, and Credit Secure from American Express. I have also used Smart Credit Premium as well.

And before anyone says anything about having so many and paying for it... I have my reasons. I do something called bumpage... I don't like inquries on my credit.
                    Amy26 can you list the cost with the expception on USAA and Credit Secure. I am looking for B also with transunion and Equifax. Currently I on pull USAA and I am afriad I will be C before I can get B.

Comment

Hi Prindia,

Equifax I get a discount with through Navy Federal.. I think I'm paying 12.95 for that and I believe regular price is like 15? Smart Credit Premium is the only one that works with Transunion... there are people who say other sites can help with B* for Transunion but I've only had luck with Smart Credit. Smart Credit is kinda expensive, I believe its 30 dollars a month ...but its the only one you need for Transunion and it works after you do the pulls long enough. My privacy matters I believe I pay 16.95 a month for both myself and my husband.

I was using 4 daily pullers at one point for Equifax bumpage but I am only using 3 for my current attempt.

If you are only using USAA and you have never used Equifax product before, you may not get C*. But if you add more products to your pulling you will probably get on the C* list. I get chopped regularly and I can usually get B* in one month using 3 pullers. I believe the chop schedule for this month is between the 15th and 20th. My state always gets chopped last, so I should have till the 20th to get my pulls in.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
                      BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                      Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Great info, thanks!! I will be looking into all these!!
                        Chapter 7 Filed 12/7/11
                        341 Hearing 1/12/12
                        Discharged 3/23/12!

Comment

I have credit karma and just signed up for quizzle. Thing is these services really don't give you much credible info at all. Quizzle has my score at 525 and Credit Karma has my score at 581. Credit Karma is also showing 2600 balance for something but I can't see it. All credit karma tells you is that you have something but they don't really show you what it is or any info on it. At least quizzle had both my bk's on with the dates, etc. I'm guessing if you want some sort of real time info you need to pay for it.
                          Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Originally posted by JessMN View Post
                            Are you sure you can update the reports & scores daily with credit Keeper? It says you can access them any time, not that you can update them anytime...
                            Nope, I'm not sure.
                            Filed: 12/29/11
                            341 Meeting: 1/23/12

Comment

Originally posted by Amy26 View Post
                              Hi Prindia,

Equifax I get a discount with through Navy Federal.. I think I'm paying 12.95 for that and I believe regular price is like 15? Smart Credit Premium is the only one that works with Transunion... there are people who say other sites can help with B* for Transunion but I've only had luck with Smart Credit. Smart Credit is kinda expensive, I believe its 30 dollars a month ...but its the only one you need for Transunion and it works after you do the pulls long enough. My privacy matters I believe I pay 16.95 a month for both myself and my husband.

I was using 4 daily pullers at one point for Equifax bumpage but I am only using 3 for my current attempt.

If you are only using USAA and you have never used Equifax product before, you may not get C*. But if you add more products to your pulling you will probably get on the C* list. I get chopped regularly and I can usually get B* in one month using 3 pullers. I believe the chop schedule for this month is between the 15th and 20th. My state always gets chopped last, so I should have till the 20th to get my pulls in.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
                              Thank you so much

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X