Student Loan Dispute Fiasco...Advice Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Student Loan Dispute Fiasco...Advice Please

I have two student loans through AES that are reporting on my credit reports as follows:

AES

Balance:$0

Open Date: 9/2007

Report Date: 2/2012

Included in Chapter 7 BK

Problem is these are both federal loans and were not included in my BK. When I call AES (after being transferred 8 times) I am told by their rep that both are in deferment this whole time. I disputed them w/ the bureaus (by fax w/ proof of account status from AES) and Experian validated the current status. They are even worse now because they are "paid by the guarantor" in 3/2009, a charge off in 4/2009, yet still included in BK in 2008! I called the guarantor and they have no record of the accounts. I think these are dinging my score and I need all the points I can get to buy a house. Once all this is validated, if it is beyond obviously wrong, what do I do next?

Student loans are a nightmare to dispute but i will say that because they were notified of the BK they, more than likely, marked them IIB zero balance as a matter of practice. good luck as i have seen very few occasions any student loan get corrected.

Comment

Thanks for the response! I just realized on the Experian dispute results that the accounts are listed twice. Once as in deferment and fine. Once all messed up. I logged into AES and they show the accounts as "paid by government claim" but when I log into the guarantor's site it lists the accounts as fine and in deferment. I know if I try to dispute again as duplicate accounts the dunderheads will delete the good version! I might spend the day on the phone tomorrow and follow the trail to see if anyone within those two companies can help. Wish me luck!

Comment

We are dealing with the same problem. Student loans that are federal are showing 2 accounts on husbands credit. One show IIB and the other shows paying on time. I have been fighting it for 3 years now with little luck. Let us know what you do to get it fixed, if they fix it

Comment

In reality, that is an "accurate" report of the student loan...nothing to dispute, sorry. Just because the debts are non-dischargeable doesn't mean that are not included in the BK.

Comment

Right on HHM. (what I was trying to say only a little gentler...lol)

Comment

I would accept it as being reported accurately if the company did not have it as in deferment. When I called AES the first time the rep said that accounts are marked IIB from the file date until the discharge date. After the discharge date the IIB is removed. If the IIB statement cant be removed that is one thing but the charge off and paid by government notations need to go. I also noticed that the same loans are sometimes listed as AES and sometimes National City. I'm pretty persistent so hopefully I can get through to someone.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X