Finally got around to cleanup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got around to cleanup

Well, Couple of months ago I finally got around to clean up my wife's and my CR's. I did the whole online dispute thing and I have to say I am pleasantly surprised at the results for not having to send any mail.

I only disputed things with inaccurate dates and still reporting balances thru all 3 companies. Equifax being the worst, Not a single thing was accurate for either of us. I did not attempt to dispute the bankruptcy so it is still in public records, And I won't waste my time attempting to do so. I had all extra names and addresses removed. And it seems that we only have a few stubborn items. All in all I disputed over 30 trade lines not including personal info. Of those 26 were removed. The rest I am going to get a bit more stubborn and start writing letters on and mentioning FDCRA rules.

One of the stubborn ones is Litton loan sold to OCWEN AFTER the Bankruptcy was discharged. Litton and OCWEN are now both still reporting late payments and a balance. Yes OCWEN is reporting lates on a loan that was purchased AFTER discharge. They both have in the comment field IIB, though so at least that is correct.

OCWEN is one of the stubborn ones, However they are breaking several rules. So I am going to have to probably sue them, even though I don't want to.

Anyways for the result. My wife's CR pre cleanup was 620, Now 760. My CR score was 640 and now is 790. And that is with some things still on there.
    Chapter 7
    Filed, 12/21/2010
    Discharged, 03/30/2011

nice!!!

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

One thing I forgot to mention, After my BR I paid off my truck entirely (Never late). I never signed a re-affirm, but I didn't surrender, So the loan was reporting as IIB.

When I disputed it, I disputed it say the loan wasn't discharged and that I had paid the loan off as agreed. I think I got lucky and state farm agrees, because that is how it now shows on my CR. Just a note to anyone who might be in the process of doing the same thing I am.
      Chapter 7
      Filed, 12/21/2010
      Discharged, 03/30/2011

Comment

Originally posted by etechjc View Post
        When I disputed it, I disputed it say the loan wasn't discharged and that I had paid the loan off as agreed. I think I got lucky and state farm agrees, because that is how it now shows on my CR. Just a note to anyone who might be in the process of doing the same thing I am.
        Yep, you got lucky. The loan was discharged and since it was a debt when you filed, it was indeed IIB.

I was just as lucky, though. I even managed to keep the "IIB"-reporting of my auto-loan by simply continuing my monthly payments - without reaffirmation. I offered to reaffirm - they thought it wasn't necessary.
        Filed CH7 9/24/2010, 341 on 10/28/2010, Disch.&Closed: 1/6/2011. FICO EX: 9/2: 672.
        FICO EQ: pre-filing: 573, After BK Public Record: 568, 10/3: 673.
        FICO TU: pre-filing: 589, After BK Public Record: 563, 9/2: 706.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X