Applying for financing after BK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Applying for financing after BK

I have just under 90 days left on my chapter 13. I am not wanting to get credit cards or anything like that. I want to save and buy things with cash. However, we have a major house problem that needs attention faster than I can save the money.

Our house has wood siding and is deteriorating quickly. At one part of the house, the siding crumbles when you touch it. I have to get this taken care of and Im assuming the cost to completely redo siding has to be around 10,000, right?

The company I am looking at does offer financing..but Im scared that it will be through banks that was listed in our BK. Im afraid of applying and having my credit score dinged for the inquiry and then not getting the loan because of our bk. I really didn't want to finance anything this quickly. I will definitely wait until our BK is over, but not much past that.

Has anyone had to finance anything like this right out of BK and what are your experiences? Of course, we will be able to afford monthly payments, but Im afraid I won't even get a loan. As of now, my credit score is 637 and my husbands is 664 if that helps.

If I can't get financing through the roofing/siding company, where else can I go to get help? Im afraid if the siding keeps crumbling, its going to cause more issues...and more expensive ones.

Thanks.
    $124,000 unsecured debt
    $700 a month for 36 months.
    Case completed 6/15/12, waiting on papers!

Lowes has all kinds of do-it-yourself books. I'm sure there's a "How To Replace Siding" on in there.

Save up enough money to buy what you need and do the siding yourself.
    Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

You might want to just be sure it's not from termites first.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

'Hub and I have been redoing our house, and we have been doing the work ourselves. Fortunately we both are the 'handy' types. But as we save up the money, we buy the materials. It is slow going though.

Are you members of a CU or bank, where you might be able to get a loan yourself and not have to work through their finance department?

Is your siding, real wood siding, or is it one of the 'looks like wood' sidings, but isn't? Our house had Masonite siding on it, and it crumbled from almost day one, to the point that the racoons were gnawing it off the house to get at the bugs in it. (We live in the woods.) Anyway, there was a class action suit about that and we did get a settlement. That was several years ago, though.

Good luck to you!
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Amplifying Mrs. comment

Folks, I will send you a download of what we have done due to several tragedies. One being the Masonite damage that cost us 11K. Others due to the fact we had to make a new home for a daughter. Next, due to 2004 hurricanes in which I could not make corrective repairs due to health reasons.

The last and most costly, we paid as the money goes. Before was when I HAD money. This download is VERY long and you need to have PowerPoint on your machine.

Wait it out as it will show what we have done for our house. We have no option just to move out, or sell out. Our house we had built by 'jacklegs,' but the rebuild--now twice--is quality. We are still rebuilding it. We moved out some time ago due to mold from the storms. We are now "camping" in the place with a bedroom done, a computer room done and a usable bathroom being done. Here is link but be patient:

Last edited by AngelinaCatHub; 04-21-2012, 04:11 PM.
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
            Folks, I will send you a download of what we have done due to several tragedies. One being the Masonite damage that cost us 11K. Others due to the fact we had to make a new home for a daughter. Next, due to 2004 hurricanes in which I could not make corrective repairs due to health reasons.

The last and most costly, we paid as the money goes. Before was when I HAD money. This download is VERY long and you need to have PowerPoint on your machine.

Wait it out as it will show what we have done for our house. We have no option just to move out, or sell out. Our house we had built by 'jacklegs,' but the rebuild--now twice--is quality. We are still rebuilding it. We moved out some time ago due to mold from the storms. We are now "camping" in the place with a bedroom done, a computer room done and a usable bathroom being done. Here is link but be patient:

http://putnam-fl-cemeteries.org/Repair.pps

All I can say is wow

Comment

Originally posted by pamkev View Post
              All I can say is wow
              You have no idea how wow. I learned a lot, buy the materials board by board. The house is paid for and there never will be a loan against it. The worse damage was due to health and I did not act on the repair. The hurricane took off the roof of the porch. With no overhang, rain fell under the roof and down a supporting wall. Totally rotted it to the point that my one inch of plywood wall I replaced in '96 was dust. Remember I said a supporting wall 25' long. I jacked the roof and replaced the wall in 5 foot sections with treated wood. NEVER use untreated wood inside or outside. I became a big "C" club member and for about near three years was not able to work. God cured me well and now seven years later I have the energy to do this labor. Not enough materials due to money lack but I use what I have and save for the rest. You would be surprised at what you can do yourself when you have to. 'Hub
              If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                You have no idea how wow. I learned a lot, buy the materials board by board. The house is paid for and there never will be a loan against it. The worse damage was due to health and I did not act on the repair. The hurricane took off the roof of the porch. With no overhang, rain fell under the roof and down a supporting wall. Totally rotted it to the point that my one inch of plywood wall I replaced in '96 was dust. Remember I said a supporting wall 25' long. I jacked the roof and replaced the wall in 5 foot sections with treated wood. NEVER use untreated wood inside or outside. I became a big "C" club member and for about near three years was not able to work. God cured me well and now seven years later I have the energy to do this labor. Not enough materials due to money lack but I use what I have and save for the rest. You would be surprised at what you can do yourself when you have to. 'Hub

Congrats on being on being Big C clear it's been 9 years for me

Comment

Originally posted by pamkev View Post
                  Congrats on being on being Big C clear it's been 9 years for me
                  Grats back at you. Let's go for life. (pun intended) My theory of life is to live every day as if it were last. Choose to be happy everyday, as we all have a choice to be happy under any circumstance. Worry about nothing, as there are only two types of worries. The first is: things you can do something about. Handle it. Those you cannot do anything about, time will handle it. 'Hub

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X