Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Credit Rebuilding Questions

It actually feels good to finally be posting in this area now! LOL

We're a little over a month since discharge and I've signed up for Costco's Identity Guard credit monitoring and I'm recieving reports from all 3 bureaus and had a couple questions.

**One of my credit cards is showing as a Charge Off on Equifax and TransUnion but showing as IIB on Experian. I disputed it on Equifax's site and they concluded that it was correct as a Charge Off. What should I do now?

**Experian is the only one still reporting missed payments, Transunion and Equifax all show "No Data". Should I dispute Experian showing missed payments?

Once I get those two things cleared up I'm going to apply for a credit card to pay a bill or two on and pay it off every month to start rebuilding my credit
    Chapter 7 Filed 12/7/11
    341 Hearing 1/12/12
    Discharged 3/23/12!

If the missed payments that are reporting were prior to your filing, they are allowed to continue to report. Also some monitoring services will include the comments section for your to view. If it is otherwise reporting correctly the charge off comment means nothing as far as your score goes and lenders typically are not given those comments when they pull. hth

Comment

Originally posted by df04527 View Post
      If the missed payments that are reporting were prior to your filing, they are allowed to continue to report. Also some monitoring services will include the comments section for your to view. If it is otherwise reporting correctly the charge off comment means nothing as far as your score goes and lenders typically are not given those comments when they pull. hth
      Its in the "Account Status" section as a Charge-Off on Equifax and Transunion....not the comments section
      Chapter 7 Filed 12/7/11
      341 Hearing 1/12/12
      Discharged 3/23/12!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X