top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Credit Reports: Discharge Date or Filing Date?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Reports: Discharge Date or Filing Date?

We just pulled our first credit report post-BK and with all our mortgages, it is a mess. One point I want to get clear, which date the credit reports should use regarding our bankruptcy: the discharge date or the filing date?

Our BK attorney says it should be the filing date. I can't remember the exact words he used but in effect once we filed a temporary discharge was put into effect and the discharge order from the judge made it permanent. In this case a discharge means that we are not liable to pay but the debt or lien is still there, which is true from the time we filed.

Not one entry in the credit report refers to the filing date only the discharge date. Searches on this site and the web indicate it should be the filing date. I looked through White v. Equifax and I think it says discharge date.

Besides not knowing which is correct, many of the mortgages and CCs show late payments between the filing date and discharge date. An adverse reporting that I would like to get off the report, if appropriate.

Comments? Opinions? Court Cases? Thoughts?
    Chap 7 Non-consumer --Realized headed for bankruptcy Nov 2010 --Started planning BK7 Spring 2011 -- Filed Sept 2011 -- 341 & Continued 341 Meetings Nov 2011 --No Asset Case Nov 2011 --Discharged Jan 2012 --Closed Feb 2012

it is the filing date for credit reporting. Late payments in any month after the month you filed is illegal and you can dispute and they will delete. Any lates prior to filing are allowed to contine to report.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X