top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apply now for credit or after car loan reports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apply now for credit or after car loan reports?

I just got approved for an auto loan with VW credit with a 2.9% interest rate. My question is this. Should I wait to apply for a credit card after the loan starts to report or do it now before it shows up.

I am currently an authorized user on my partner's credit card and that BofA credit card appears on my credit report with ontime payments for almost 3 yrs (3 yrs since my bk).

Discharged in Sept 2009.
    Credit scores mid to high 600s

I would apply for credit card now as your score wil drop some from the new auto loan. Then again depending on what your credit looks like the new auto loan could increase your score.

Comment

Great rate on that auto loan!! How far after discharge are you? Do you know your credit score?

Comment

I was discharged in Sept 2009. Scores are
        Equifax 654
        Experian 674
        Transunion 649

These were given to me from the dealership.

I was thinking about maybe getting a gas credit card, something with benefits since I drive so much. And it would make sense to use it and pay it off immediately.
        Any suggestions? I heard BP was good.

Comment

That is encouraging! My experian is 635 and I still have another year or so to continue to rebuild before needing a new car. Hopefully I will get up to your range and keep VW in mind! My first CC is a household bank MC. I got a $1000 limit and 0% interest. 14.9 after that. I have been pleased and score came up from 611 just 2 months after it started reporting. Not sure about good gas cards. I myself prefer a general credit card that can be used everywhere.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X