X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Members, Please Help!

Orchard Bank Credit Card-(unsecured) $300.00
    Wescom Line of Credit-(secured) $500.00

It is the CREDIT BUREAU'S responsibility to prove that you have or haven't filed BK.If they can't prove it, then they MUST delete it. Don't send them a damned thing. If they can't do their job, then they have to remove their information that they report.
    BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

^^^How would you go about getting them to do their job? If they send a letter requesting certain items, and you don't feel you should have to send them, how can you tactfully tell them it is their responsibility? I'm just thinking they will only continue to send letters telling you to prove your case, and nothing will ever be solved. Is there a law governing their responsibility to gather all information, or do they have the right to ask the person disputing to provide information? Is there a form letter that can be sent which would make them do what they are supposed to do?

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaGirl
        ^^^How would you go about getting them to do their job? If they send a letter requesting certain items, and you don't feel you should have to send them, how can you tactfully tell them it is their responsibility? I'm just thinking they will only continue to send letters telling you to prove your case, and nothing will ever be solved. Is there a law governing their responsibility to gather all information, or do they have the right to ask the person disputing to provide information? Is there a form letter that can be sent which would make them do what they are supposed to do?

Ummm... you remind them in a response letter that they are requied by LAW to investigate your claims. If they can not find the proof, then the items must be removed from your credit report. It's that simple.

And if you research the FCRA, they are required to investigate your claims, themselves. It is pretty much in black and white.
        BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaGirl
          I agree. But I have read in many forums, that you should not send them the papers. If they fail to verify information, then by law they must delete the accounts. So I will just wait and see what happens. I will keep everyone posted. Please post any advice.

Comment

Hi Jaura6588

It depends how fast you would need your report cleaned up. I had the same situation like yours, my BK-7 was discharged on Jan 31,2006 and the CRA's were not reporting it properly. On top of that Providian and HSBC-NV won't even write IIB in the account.

If you keep disputing they will just keep saying that it came back verified, they won't simply delete it. You then have to take them to small court and you have to show proof to the judge that you filed BK on such and such company, in that case your schedule F. Well they then will take that schedule and update the record, so it's up to you which route you want to take.

About deleting companies it can always come back if the record is correct. Hope it helps.

By the way, through which credit union did you get the secured card? My Lockheed federal credit union won't give me one.
            Last edited by highNdry; 05-11-2006, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tinroofrusted
              Ummm... you remind them in a response letter that they are requied by LAW to investigate your claims. If they can not find the proof, then the items must be removed from your credit report. It's that simple.

And if you research the FCRA, they are required to investigate your claims, themselves. It is pretty much in black and white.
              That answers the question. So, maybe the best thing to do would be to tell them in your first letter that it is their responsibility to research all claims themselves? Then they won't even send the response asking for you to send things to them.

Comment

If they come back 'verified' you can also request details on how/who verified the information/account.

Regarding rebuilding with the card you've gotten-as long as you keep the balance less than 30% of the limit, the rest should not really matter. The credit reporting is really just a snap shot of how you stand one day each month, which is whenever the creditor updates their reporting. If you have a high balance on that day, it could negatively impact your scores even if you pay the account off the next day.
                Discharged Chapter 7 09/05

Post Bankruptcy Credit:
                Target $200 (12/05)
                Capital One $500 (12/05)
                Hooters Mastercard $2000 (04/06)

Fico Scores: average of 646

Comment

Originally posted by highNdry
                  Hi Jaura6588

It depends how fast you would need your report cleaned up. I had the same situation like yours, my BK-7 was discharged on Jan 31,2006 and the CRA's were not reporting it properly. On top of that Providian and HSBC-NV won't even write IIB in the account.

If you keep disputing they will just keep saying that it came back verified, they won't simply delete it. You then have to take them to small court and you have to show proof to the judge that you filed BK on such and such company, in that case your schedule F. Well they then will take that schedule and update the record, so it's up to you which route you want to take.

About deleting companies it can always come back if the record is correct. Hope it helps.

By the way, through which credit union did you get the secured card? My Lockheed federal credit union won't give me one.
                  Its actually a secured line of credit. Its guaranteed. They report to all credit bureaus. Its called wescom credit union. Hope this helps.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X