Help understanding my credit report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help understanding my credit report

So I was filed Ch7 in November 2011. I was discharged in March. I reaffirmed one loan (my car) but put everything else in the BK, including my mortgage. As such, my home was foreclosed in May 1.

I've been terrified to check my credit scores since then, but today I figured I could stomach it. I was pleasantly surprised but confused by it all.

First, what I was surprised by. My 3 scores were 614, 607 and 645. This is 2 months after filing bankruptcy and not having paid a single debt (besides Car and Student Loan) since June 2011. Hell, in my younger days I'd have a credit score worse than that without filing for BK.

So here's the few things I am confused about:

1. Payment histories of debts included in BK are wiped out? Noone will ever know I didn't pay Cap One for 6 months prior to filing?

2. My foreclosure doesn't appear on my report. Is that because the debt it secured was included in the BK or has it just not been enough time? (Foreclosure sale was 5/1/12)

3. With a low-600 credit score, am I still in the Secured Card area or should I tough it out a few months with my auto loan (which has resumed reporting) and student loans reporting good payment history and go for a regular card?

All in all, I gotta tell you that from the moment we met with our attorney and decided to file Chapter 7, this was a remarkably painless experience and while I'm not proud of having to file, I know what happened to cause it and I don't have any significant regrets. I would have done it sooner in retrospect to save myself and my wife a great deal of stress.

Anyway, I would appreciate any responses.

1. Payment histories will be gone...should say $0 balance and IIB or something similiar.
    2. It shouldn't if it was included in BK, it might slip in there at some time, but no worries...you BK'd the debt prior to foreclosure
    3. Wait and Capital One will probably offer you a low limit card, your car loan should report and help raise your score.

Happy Fresh Start....Cash rules!

Comment

Does late payment history really disappear? I was thinking that couldn't be true so I checked my most recent report from myfico and half of my delinquent accounts listed no late payment history in the 'details' section, and half of them did. Should they?
      Filed: 12/29/11
      341 Meeting: 1/23/12

Comment

Anything before BK can stay, although some stuff just disappears.

Comment

Originally posted by luckstyl View Post
          Does late payment history really disappear? I was thinking that couldn't be true so I checked my most recent report from myfico and half of my delinquent accounts listed no late payment history in the 'details' section, and half of them did. Should they?
          Yes, when you click on account history it just says "not available." Whereas pre-BK accounts that information is fully available.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X