A Small Prayer For My Children

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Small Prayer For My Children

Please Lord don’t let my children grow up to have bad credit…

Please never let them receive a First Premier Platinum pre-approval offer where in 60 seconds they can be issued a card with an initial credit limit of 700 dollars minus the 175 set-up fee.

Please don’t let them pay 36% APR on the 223 dollars First Premier will charge in annual AND monthly servicing fees in their 27-day billing cycle.

Please don’t let them have to wait 13 months for a 100 dollar credit increase in which they will be charged a 25% credit limit increase fee.

Please Lord let them learn from my mistakes.…
    Filed Pro Se: 11.12.2010 ~ 341: 1.12.2011 ~ Discharged: 3.9.2011 ~ Officially an Asset Case: 3.30.2011 ~ Last Day to File Asset Claim: 6.28.2011 ~ Trustee Final Report: 8.1.2011 ~ Asset Distribution: 8.31.2011 ~ Case Close: 11.15.2011

I hope and pray that they heed and learn from your example.

However, it seems that many times adult children have to learn themselves in the School of Hard Knocks.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
      I hope and pray that they heed and learn from your example.

However, it seems that many times adult children have to learn themselves in the School of Hard Knocks.
      How true. The allure of credit is intoxicating. I remember bragging to my accountant mother of what a bargain I had with a major purchase on a credit card that was offering no payments or interest for 2 years! She just patted me on the back and walked away

Comment

A better hope is they make good decisions, have a good career and can pay cash for darn near everything! Get away from that credit hell!

Comment

DF04527

Not all credit is hell, and it does serve a purpose. My goal is to strive for credit to work for me, not me working for credit.

You are 100% correct; good life decisions is what I strive for my children. Life, love, education, health, career, common sense, socially, friendships, marriage, motherhood etc.

I got that joke of a pre-approval and all I thought was “God, never again”. Then I saw a Robert Heinlein quote on Sunday that said don’t handicap your children by making their life easy. In my house we have a lot of discussions on wants vs. needs and I have 9 more years before my oldest becomes credit eligible; so I am almost tempted to frame it to help keep us on track.
          Filed Pro Se: 11.12.2010 ~ 341: 1.12.2011 ~ Discharged: 3.9.2011 ~ Officially an Asset Case: 3.30.2011 ~ Last Day to File Asset Claim: 6.28.2011 ~ Trustee Final Report: 8.1.2011 ~ Asset Distribution: 8.31.2011 ~ Case Close: 11.15.2011

Comment

So true... Most credit does serve a purpose no doubt, but typically that value is only learned after we have abused it first. :/ .....Cash is king.....i "finally" learned this....Saw the power of cash with my own eyes, watched a 250k home loan get paid off in 59 months....true story......wish i listened better a long time ago when my parents tried to tell me... Oh well we live and learn and hope better for our children...

Comment

kind of a weird post? Let them live and learn much as you have. You can show them how you messed up and not too go down that road, but I don't think your "Lord" really cares about credit mistakes. JMHO and a non believer of the "Lord"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X