Credit Inquires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Inquires?

When credit inquires fall off your credit report, does it raise your credit score? I want to apply for a credit card right now but I have a lot of inquires(10) from a year-and a-half ago. I am wondering if I should wait untill they fall of at the end of this year?
    Orchard Bank Credit Card-(unsecured) $300.00
    Wescom Line of Credit-(secured) $500.00

Inquiries that are less than a year old are the most harmful. A year and a half you should be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by FilingOnMyOwn
      Inquiries that are less than a year old are the most harmful. A year and a half you should be ok.
      Thanks for replying. If you dont mind me asking, but are your (3) cards on your sig secured or unsecured? I need a card! My current score(average) is 580. I want to get a capital one, but I included them in my BK. I will try anyways!
      Orchard Bank Credit Card-(unsecured) $300.00
      Wescom Line of Credit-(secured) $500.00

Comment

Inquiries lowered my FICO score by over 20 pts...so do try and limit them. As for applying for Cap One...you included them in your BK and want to apply for a card with them? Try Orchard or Target Red but I would not be applying for a card with a company I filed on...?

Comment

The only reason I got a Capital One post BK was because I had a paid off card with them before BK. I don't know if I would have gotten one if the reverse had been true.

I would advise everyone who needs a crad out of BK to try Orchard. You will probably pay a yearly fee, and a high interest rate, but guess what? You have no choice right out of BK. If you want new credit, you have to bite the bullet until you re-build some.

Comment

Originally posted by jaura6588
            Thanks for replying. If you dont mind me asking, but are your (3) cards on your sig secured or unsecured? I need a card! My current score(average) is 580. I want to get a capital one, but I included them in my BK. I will try anyways!
            All 3 are unsecured.

Capital One is very bk friendly, I would try them anyways. Go to their site, click credit cards, then select the tab labeled 'credit needs some improvement' these are very easy cards to get.

Comment

Originally posted by FilingOnMyOwn
              All 3 are unsecured.

Capital One is very bk friendly, I would try them anyways. Go to their site, click credit cards, then select the tab labeled 'credit needs some improvement' these are very easy cards to get.

Actually, I had to apply with them THREE times before I was approved, and I have been discharged for a year and a half now....

Sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't!
              BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X