top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Approved for unsecured CC 7 days after discharge!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Approved for unsecured CC 7 days after discharge!

I really had mixed feelings about ever having another credit card, but I travel from time to time for my job and rental cars are difficult without them. So, after swallowing down my fears, I went to the Capital One website and did the quick pre-approval. I was pre-approved for 2 types of unsecured cards. I chose the "Platinum" card with a 19.00 annual fee that is waived for the first year. I assumed the limit would be very low ($200-$300) but was given a 1K limit. The interest rate is steep (24.99%) but that will not be an issue as the balance will be paid off every month, just like in the good ole days

The 1k limit is nice because I can still use it for business trips and not have to worry about going over 30% of my available credit. The reason I am writing is because when I think of having this card, I actually get a little sick to my stomach. To be more honest it makes me very anxious and fearful. Is this normal, or, the better question might be, did you experience this level of anxiety?

In my opinion your reaction is perfect. You have a healthy respect for them now. When one doesn't have a healthy respect for them is where the trouble starts. So BRAVO to you, go forth and never, ever lose respect for it and you will be fine!

Comment

Congrats on your new credit, Cap One seems to be one of the easier to start rebuilding with.
      Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
      The rebuilding begins

Comment

Was a Capitol One account in your BK? I was thinking of trying Capitol, but I discharged two accounts in my BK.

Does it make a difference if you discharged a account and then try to apply after BK?

Comment

Does it make a difference if you discharged a account and then try to apply after BK?

For me it did not but mine was small, 2k , my DW hit them for 15k and she is blacklisted. YMMV

Comment

Originally posted by ace300s View Post
            Was a Capitol One account in your BK? I was thinking of trying Capitol, but I discharged two accounts in my BK.

I included 2 Cap One cards in my BK and was approved for a no annual fee and interest free for until Nov 2012 a few months out of BK.
            "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

I currently have an outstanding bad/charge off Cap1 & Hubby has 3 (went bad in 2009) and we were able to open cards with Capital One last year. (Note - I am holding off on filing on all the old stuff, and will if/when a creditor forces us to. On the new cards I opened - use to earn rewards - I pay in full.)

I figure this way - in the odd event that no one tries to sue then we won't file bankruptcy. And in 3-4 years when all the old/bad stuff falls off, we'll have 4 year old good accounts.
              ~Staci
              Not an attorney, and never played one on tv. My responses are based on my own experiences & personal opinions.)

Comment

Ummm yes... Capital One won't even talk to me and I only BK them for $300.00.... UGHHHH!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ace300s View Post

I have never had an account with Cap One but I am sure that BOA will never give me another account, and for that I am blessed! I can't speak first hand but I have read many posts where they gave previous account holders another card.

Comment

"Prime" banks tend to blacklist. Amex, Citi, BofA. From what I hear - BofA will only issue cards to clean credit, even if you've never done them wrong.

Capital One has some "Prime" products but they still have cards for low credit people. Doesn't mean they'll always say 'yes' to a card, but they're more likely to when others won't.
                    ~Staci
                    Not an attorney, and never played one on tv. My responses are based on my own experiences & personal opinions.)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X