Deleting Personal Items on Credit Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleting Personal Items on Credit Report

First, I want to thanke everyone in this section for the great advice on repairing/disputing credit.

I began the process in March and am already seeing some results. Transunion really did great - they corrected/deleted everything I requested and they were quick and prompt. I am having a few problems with Experian (NCAC), but I am working through them. Nothing major, just having to resend information.

My question is this: They have some addresses on my credit report that are just off the wall. house numbers I have NEVER lived in, states I have never even flown over, let alone lived in. Also, they have spellings of my name wrong, etc.

Is it worth it disputing items like this??? Does it do anything help with your score or does it just make your report look cleaner? I am sort of on a roll and don't mind asking them to delete the entries, but if it won't accomplish anything, no harm no foul, I guess...

Thoughts??
    Date Filed: 12/19/2004
    341 Meeting: 2/8/2005
    Date Case Confirmed: 7/12/2005
    Closed on Refinance/Chapter 13 Buyout 8/23/06

Yeah, I would. In fact we're gonna do that when we start the clean up process.

Hubby and I don't use our first names on a regular basis. When it's legal, I use my whole name and Hubby uses his first initial, middle name, and last name.

But you should see the lists of other names we both have!!

It's the same thing with our addresses too. And here's a good one for you,....... Our last house, we had 5 different addresses while we were living there. All given to us by the County.

First it was Lot #XYZ of ABC Subdivision. Then we got a street number. Basically our lot number and the street was named our portion of the development. Then we got West added to our street name, because the street was a loop on the houses behind us were East.

Then the County brought in 911 which got us a whole new house number. But the 911 program was having problems with the East and West thing. It couldn't identify where to send emergency personnel, which part of the loop. So the County came in again and changed our street names, yet again! That address finally took and stuck.

5 different addresses and we never moved from the house. About the 3rd or 4th time I was updating the address with our bank, the rep I was talking to said, "You folks sure move a lot." She laughed when I told her we hadn't moved at all. The County just kept changing our address.

Our credit reports make us look like we use all kinds of aliases and have lived a bunch of places that don't even exist. And we intend to fix that when we start the clean-up process.
    Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
    Discharged - 12/2006
    Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
    Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

I will do that, too. I never go by my first name and at our 341 meeting our attorney jokingly told the trustee that no, my husband didn't really have two wives!!
      Filed: 2/24/2006
      341 mtg: 4/4/2006:angel:
      Discharged: 9/25/08!!!!!:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Thats a good idea, SinkingFast, cause your credit is also based on how long you've been at your current address also...... So if it looks like you jump around all the time a creditor could have second thoughts...... Same way with the name issues.

Minny
        Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Yeah, the way I see it, even if it does not help with my scores, the cleaner my report is, the better off I am.

Does anyone know though if it helps your score? I thought I had read somewhere that anything you knock off your credit report, no matter how minor, helped.
          Date Filed: 12/19/2004
          341 Meeting: 2/8/2005
          Date Case Confirmed: 7/12/2005
          Closed on Refinance/Chapter 13 Buyout 8/23/06

Comment

I've read it is good to get old names/addresses off but for a different reason. When some things get 'verified' the creditor might just be matching name/address/SS# that they have on file with what the credit bureau provides in the dispute. If your reports ONLY have your correct name & current address, can make disputes easier. (Don't know how true it is.)

I do have a few variations myself such as with/without initials, and misspellings. Like rodruner instead of roadrunner!
            Discharged Chapter 7 09/05

Post Bankruptcy Credit:
            Target $200 (12/05)
            Capital One $500 (12/05)
            Hooters Mastercard $2000 (04/06)

Fico Scores: average of 646

Comment

It is best to correct that info. I had a spouse named on one of credit reports, had no idea who it was, I am not married. On one of the other ones my Dad was listed as my spouse. So it is definitely best to check and correct that information.
              Discharged 2/27/06, closed 6/1/06

Comment

when doing credit disputes and you are trying to get them to take off old creditors aren't you going by the date the account was open? I have an account through premier that i have disputed 3 times and they keep leaving it on it says reported since nov 2000 and last reported is nov 2000. what date should i be looking at for the 7 year dropoff?
                filed 2/6/2006:aggress:

last day for objections 5/12/2006:yes2:

discharged 5/25/2006:yahoo: :clapping:

closed 5/25/2006 :yahoo: :yahoo: :angel: :clapping:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X