Credit Card offers out of BK13?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Card offers out of BK13?

When I filed Ch 13 in 2007 I got credit card offers every day for several weeks - I thought it was funny that I was being offered more of the same that got me into BK in the first place?
    Now, 5 years later, the Ch 13 is paid off on time - and I was expecting to see credit card offers in the mail again. But nothing is coming in. Is that normal?

I filed chapter 13 October 2010, and I got several credit card offers, at least 4-5 per week for about a year. They are still coming, but there seems to be a lot less, maybe about one per month. You're probably right that this is "normal." I think some banks target people who just started chapter 13's or just got out of chapter 7.

Comment

Have you actually received your discharge yet? My clients, both 7 and 13, report that they are inundated with card offers once they get their discharge.
      Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

I received the trustee's discharge in February but no credit card offers as of today. I'm not complaining 'cause I don't know if I ever want one again - but I'd like the opportunity to shred a few offers

Comment

I received my trustee's discharge about three weeks ago. My wife and I have received no credit card offers.

I hear about all these offers after discharge. Wondering why we haven't gotten any?

Comment

We were inundated also just after we filed our Ch7 in 2007. After we were discharged, we really haven't gotten any that I recall. We used to get offers via email from OrchardBank, or whatever its called, and after I reported them enough times (I guess) as a phishing scam, we haven't had those either...
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X