top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Case CLOSED today, approved for Cap One $750 limit & no interest plus no annual fee!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Case CLOSED today, approved for Cap One $750 limit & no interest plus no annual fee!

We were closed officially today , discharged two weeks ago and we were just approved for Capital One Platinum card with credit limit of $750.00 with no annual fee and 0 APR for the first year!!! I am somewhat suprised that we were approved considering they were one of our discharged debts.

There is HOPE for approval with decent cards after BK! I haven't even applied to any other cards so while I am pleased with we are getting such a great offer, I do not plan to go back into our old ways of DEBT! I have learned so much over the past 6 months about our finances and never again will I charge something that I can't pay for with cash. I plan to make 1 charge a month of less than $40 and pay it off online immediately.

Anyway, just wanted to let others know that it IS possible to get credit and start rebuilding.

Congrats........Did Capital send you an offer or did you apply online after your discharge?

It's been a month since my discharge BK7. I haven't received any offers in the mail as of yet. I was thinking about applying online with Capital, but had two of their cards included in my BK. So, I'm just waiting trying to decide if I want to apply for a regular or secured credit card.

Any advice?

Comment

Honestly I was not expecting this to be this easy. I was planning on getting a secured credit card if I had to. We have to buy a car in about 4 months so I wantd to establish a positive credit history right away. I actually did recieve an offer from Capital one in the mail for this card saying I *could* be approved for up to $3000....the key word being *could*. I went online to their website and put in my offer code number and entered our personal info and they approved immediately. Now we just have to wait until the card is mailed, in 7 to 10 days.

I'm certain that you will eventually get offers in the mail. If you end up getting one with a higher annual fee then I would wait to see if you get any other offers. IF not I would probably consider a higher fee but only have ONE credit card until some time passes and you could get one w/out the fee. I would not be concerned with a higher APR because you should pay off whatever you charge (that's the goal---otherwise I will not be charging if I can't pay it off immediately) and so the APR really shouldn't matter as much.

GOOD LUCK!! Don't worry, you will get credit. And if you go to capital one's website you can view their diff options. I would apply to the one of the free cards first if they turn you down, they also offer a secured card. If that doesn't work I would try whomever you bank with, or a credit union.

Comment

That is hilarious! You may have set a record!

I was discharged in March 2011, and I think it was later that summer that I applied for and received the Cap One card. After six months of having the card, they bumped up my credit limit from $500 to $750.

I'm really grateful they gave me a second chance because like you, I also included a Cap One card in my BK.

Congratulations and enjoy rebuilding your credit!

Comment

hmsmith, did you get an offer in the mail from them or just apply from their website?
          Filed Chapter 13 - 7/10/07 - 5 year plan with 2 cars and 10% unsecured payback,
          Last Payment 7/12, DISCHARGED 11/26/12 CLOSED 12/18/12

Comment

Originally posted by katztoo View Post
            hmsmith, did you get an offer in the mail from them or just apply from their website?

yes, we did get an offer from them and I went online and put in the offer code. It was accepted immediately online...our card was mailed within a week!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X