What a difference a years makes - one year since filing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a difference a years makes - one year since filing

This week marked the 1 yr anniversary since my initial filing of my ch 7, and I can say for those going through it now, life does get better. I have been able to secure auto financing, as well as 3 unsecured credit cards. My FICO score the day I filed was approx 550, and this week it's at 639. While there was certainly some sense of uncertainty during the weeks that followed my 341, I can say forums like this helped!
    Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
    The rebuilding begins

I am pleased you feel this way. I tell many that things will get better. They will and although it can be tough at times, and you feel broke, just stay debt free. A wonderful feeling. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Thank you for your encouraging words to us still in the process

Comment

Yes, thank you so much for the positive thread!

Comment

Being debt free has been the best thing that happened to me, I feel more secure and happy and it shows in everything I do....

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
          I am pleased you feel this way. I tell many that things will get better. They will and although it can be tough at times, and you feel broke, just stay debt free. A wonderful feeling. 'Hub
          Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

Glad this helped some people here. Above all, know that there is life after BK, and being debt free is a wonderful thing. Credit doesnt equal debt.
            Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
            The rebuilding begins

Comment

I am just a little over a year since filing and feel the same! I have only applied and received one CC. My score was 611 right after discharge in October and is now 638. So heading in the right direction and I pay off any charges in full each month. Debt free is an amazing feeling! A friend of mine is just starting the process and I'm so happy for her. Finally she will be able to build a future.

Comment

I pay off any charges in full each month

I would find when your cards report and leave 2-3% showing, after they report, then pay in full. You need to show that you are using your credit. good luck

Comment

I filed a chapter 13 a year ago this month and I can say that is one of the best things I've ever done. There was no way I'd be able to pay all of that debt and still focus on the things I want to accomplish in the next few years. I'm curious though, what three unsecured credit cards do you have? I was approved for an Orchard card two months after I filed and I want to obtain one more so that I'll have three positive tradelines.

Comment

We are so very much into camping and turned in our camper when we filed BK7 last yr april. We were trying to build our credit up and didn't want to go the CC route(thats how we ened up in the mess) . We decieded we would try and to finance a camper. We had no luck with the dealership applying through their lenders for us. So i applied for a capital 1 card was approved with a 1.000 limit but have yet to recieve the card figured that was our only route. I recieved a call from the dealeship this past friday saying that they found a 3rd party lender that might do it for us. They were Springleaf Financial formally general american. I looked them up on the internet over the weekend and found a couple sites with an over abundance of pi$$ed customer reviews. I started reading and reading and decieded we would do with out before using them. So I thought my truck is almost paid off i would call the credit union my truck is financed through. I asked if I could apply for an rv loan and roll the truck into that loan and they continue to hold the title as colateral. They got all my info and then gave them my wifes info. I held on the line while they ran my credit and went through the person that approves the loans. She came back on the line and told me I was approved. I about fell out when she told me. They told me i just need to send them my most 2 recent pay stubs and all would be ok. I was so shocked I forgot to ask the intrest rate and payment amount. I will get all that info tomorrow when I fax them the wifes stubs. I"m glad did reaffirm the autos and stay current with them through all of this . so i'm going to be the owner of a new 2 me 2008 forest river wildwood 29' travel trailer.

Comment

Congrats on the new RV!

Comment

Originally posted by barnhartred View Post
                        We are so very much into camping and turned in our camper when we filed BK7 last yr april. We were trying to build our credit up and didn't want to go the CC route(thats how we ened up in the mess) . We decieded we would try and to finance a camper. We had no luck with the dealership applying through their lenders for us. So i applied for a capital 1 card was approved with a 1.000 limit but have yet to recieve the card figured that was our only route. I recieved a call from the dealeship this past friday saying that they found a 3rd party lender that might do it for us. They were Springleaf Financial formally general american. I looked them up on the internet over the weekend and found a couple sites with an over abundance of pi$$ed customer reviews. I started reading and reading and decieded we would do with out before using them. So I thought my truck is almost paid off i would call the credit union my truck is financed through. I asked if I could apply for an rv loan and roll the truck into that loan and they continue to hold the title as colateral. They got all my info and then gave them my wifes info. I held on the line while they ran my credit and went through the person that approves the loans. She came back on the line and told me I was approved. I about fell out when she told me. They told me i just need to send them my most 2 recent pay stubs and all would be ok. I was so shocked I forgot to ask the intrest rate and payment amount. I will get all that info tomorrow when I fax them the wifes stubs. I"m glad did reaffirm the autos and stay current with them through all of this . so i'm going to be the owner of a new 2 me 2008 forest river wildwood 29' travel trailer.
                        I am so pleased that you researched American General AKA Springleaf Financial. We had a relatively small personal loan with them, trying to make ends meet, and they proved to be very hard to work with, and insisted on imposing their own insurance policies--and making us pay for it--on one of the two cars used as collateral, although both were fully insured with our company. When the car broke down and was unrepairable, we reported it to AG, who then told us that their policy was on the OTHER car!

We were VERY pleased to BK against AG. AG also had the temerity to send reaffirmation papers to our trustee--all filled out and ready for us to sign! No thanks!!

Congratulations on your new--to you--camper!
                        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

thanks Angelina cat. I did call the credit union today and got the intrest rate.I think i did well with getting a 9.45% the payment is $19 more per month than my truck payment was. now i can afford the camper and use it to.

Comment

Congrats! I am definately all about the credit union love.
                            BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
                            Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X