Barclay closed my account!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barclay closed my account!

I have had a Barclay card for a year now but I have never used it. Today I receive a letter letting me know the account was closed due to inactivity and for other past deliquent accounts. These accounts by the way were not deliquent until I field BK7 in 2008 and I have never had a deliquent account since then. Now I also have other credit cards that I used in the past however they have no balances. Should I use them every once in a while to keep them active?

TIA

Yes you should use them every once in awhile or you will keep getting your credit card accounts closed. Many CC's state in their terms and conditions that they will close your account for lack of activity, so it is in your best interest to use them sporadically. Just charge some gas or other small ticket items that you pay on a monthly basis so that you keep the account going.
    Chp 13: Filed 3/26/2007

11/5/2012 - 68 Months and finally free!

Comment

Absolutely use them to keep them active. That will raise your credit score. Charge a small amount each month and pay it off on time.

Comment

Barclays wants you to use their card so they can collect swipe fees. If you don't use it, you are no good to them. A lot of people will use it to pay a routine bill in order to keep it active and then pay in full.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X